Flex 2.0.0 - March 24th, 2020
- NEW! Support for Shopify's Product Media types such as video, AR and 3D models for product galleries. Read Shopify's full documentation on product media to find out if your shop supports this new feature.
- The 'Show secondary product media' setting (located in Theme Settings > Product Grid) that lets you enable an image swap on hover for product thumbnails has been updated to support video playback on thumbnail hover as well.
- New shapes have been included in the Icon list. You can now add the following shapes: bee, bicep, bicycle, clover, flower, pentagram, rocket, skull-and-crossbones, skull, and sun-2.
- A downcase filter has been included to the icon settings so the 'Icon' fields are no longer case sensitive.
- Refactored video section to use Plyr library for improved functionality including a new mute setting and an option to toggle video controls.
- The 'Show secondary product image' setting has been renamed to 'Show secondary product media'.
- Reconfigured page dots to be arrows for product galleries on mobile.
- Dynamic checkout button is now enabled by default in quick shop.
- Updated media queries for image with text overlay banners to resolve font size inconsistencies.
- Incorrect and partial tags are no longer added or created in the sidebar filter tags.
- Broken image link no longer appearing in collection images if image loading style = none.
- Toggled content in sidebar no longer only expands when clicking the arrow.
- Updated styles to resolve layout issue with the contact form on tablet screen sizes in the page.contact template.
- Mini cart no longer appears twice when the centered header layout is sticky.
- Sharing a product with a long title on Twitter no longer presents a 500 error.
- Alt text now properly appears in footer featured promotion image.
- Blog post date now shows up correctly.
- Mobile menu now toggles properly when multiple mega menus exist.
Flex 1.1.5 - February 26th, 2020
- The 'Instagram feed' section has been removed due to the deprecation of the Instagram API. Please refer to the following article from our Help Center for more info and recommendations for replacing this feature in your shop.
Flex 1.1.4 - February 6th, 2020
- The Image with Text section is now available as a content block in all product templates. Show off any big or important images on your product pages with applicable text and a call to action button!
- The Contact Form, Custom HTML, Gallery, and Image with Text sections are now available as content blocks in the page.details template.
- New 'Mobile sidebar position' setting (located in Theme Settings > Mobile) allows you to choose whether to display the sidebar above or below content on mobile for the collection, blog, blog post, and product pages.
- Support for the slideshow code from the OOTS Content Creator.
- dateModified field has been included for Blog posts to prevent Structured Data errors.
- Video overlay no longer appears when setting is set to ‘None’ on Mobile.
- Correct video plays when multiple videos are added to the homepage.
- Reduced whitespace between Testimonials on mobile.
- Shipping calculator rates now appear in the currency that’s been assigned on the cart page.
- The theme now displays properly in Safari on older iOS devices.
- ‘Align to height’ setting is now applies to secondary product images.
- Shipping calculator functions properly when featured collection is added to the cart page.
- The 'offers' error on Collection pages is no longer present when running the page through Google's Structured Data Testing Tool.
- Resolved spacing issues with breadcrumb links and footer menus on mobile.
- Tabs/Live Tabs Editor code now works in the theme.
- Add to cart button no longer duplicates in the cart.
- Mega menu now closes properly when hovering over search in the "Search focus" header option.
Flex 1.1.3 - December 30th, 2019
- Validation for checkbox fields in contact form (both section and contact page). If you've marked any checkbox fields as "required" the theme will now ensure that it's been filled out before a user submits the form.
- Support for FAQPage Schema has been included for the page.faq template.
- Image with Text Overlay and Slideshow sections can now be set up as clickable banner images, instead of displaying buttons. Learn more
- Alt tag has been included for the logo.
- Color setting for the logo has been added in Theme Settings > Colors. This will apply when there is no image uploaded for the logo.
- All URLs now include Shopify's new Liquid property to generate dynamic URLs.
- The deprecated
.lengthliquid filter has been removed from the Featured Collection section code and replaced with the
- The 'availability' field is now correct for Sold Out variants, resolving a Structured Data error.
- Note text box in Cart no longer has default blank spaces.
- Product variants work correctly with screen-readers, improving accessibility!
- Recommended products will now appear even if there’s only 1 product showing.
- Background gradients are now rendered properly on iOS and Safari browser.
- Product stickers in the Featured Collection 'slider' layout now properly display.
- Corrected spacing for multiple menu blocks on mobile for the "Promotional" footer layout.
- Removed extra space when images are disabled in the Testimonial section.
- Slideshow works properly on iOS 13 devices.
- Announcement bar text is now centered.
- Drop-down variants no longer duplicate when more than one Featured Product section is enabled on the homepage.
- Header now remains fixed when the 'Enable sticky on scroll' setting is used and overlays directly on images when the 'Enable overlay' setting is used.
Flex 1.1.2 - November 19th, 2019
- New 'Social sharing image' setting (located under Theme settings > Social media) lets you easily upload an image that will be included when sharing your site across social platforms. Learn more
- 'Tab style' setting has been readded to Theme Settings > Elements. Choose from 'outline' or 'regular' as your style option. Learn how to add tabs
- Standardized transition effects for regular links, link-style button, header/footer logos, tags, close/x buttons, and slider arrows. These now have the same transition applied as buttons.
- Multi-tag filter no longer displays tags that are not present in the collection.
- "Coming soon" products text no longer appears as "Sold out" products.
- Dividers appear in the heading section, if enabled.
- Videos in quick shop product descriptions now responsively resize to fit inside the modal.
- Quick shop button that appears for product thumbnails on hover, no longer changes height when revealed.
- Product thumbnail images in the quick shop now have the same opacity set as the thumbnails on the product page.
- Selecting a thumbnail image on the Featured Product will no longer cause other featured product sections' thumbnails to change.
- Menus and images display properly on the Internet Explorer browser.
- The size of accordion carets on mobile has been increased to their normal size.
- When enabled for collections, hovering over color swatches will now change the thumbnail image as intended.
- When the "Vertical" header layout is selected, standard width video sections will now align properly.
- When the "Sections" product layout is selected, the 'product gallery' content block will now align properly beside other content blocks when set to the 'half' width option.
- Video section text overlay will no longer appear when its content is empty on mobile.
- On mobile, the Image with Text section will display the image above the text, as intended.
- Paragraph spacing in the Collection description has been corrected.
- The Custom CSS feature now works properly for Collection list section and Page.details template.
- Automatic discounts are now reflected on the cart page sub-total.
- Built-in popup delay now works as intended.
Flex 1.1.1 - October 16th, 2019
- New 'Mobile image' option in Classic Slideshow and Image with Text Overlay sections. You can now upload a specific mobile image for these banner sections!
- 'Show collection title below image' setting allows collection titles to display below the thumbnail image if desired! This applies to the homepage collection list as well as the collection list and sub-collection pages.
- 'Show dividers' setting now available in Theme Settings > Elements to hide/show heading dividers.
- 'Tab style' setting has been removed from Theme Settings > Elements as an option.
- Hovering over collection thumbnails no longer results in the overlay flickering.
- The button typography settings now apply to the 'Buy it now' button.
- Rich text field content in Search Results page displays properly.
h1tag on the homepage now describes the content on the page.
- When the back in stock form is submitted for a product without variants, the notification request will include the product details.
- Open accordion will show content in the first drop-down by default in Internet Explorer and Edge browsers.
- Currency icon in the header is no longer cropped when its style is set to the 'icons and text' option.
- Banner text font settings correctly apply to the banner text.
- Video section appears correctly on product templates and page.details templates.
- The 'Image scrolling' template no longer scrolls to the bottom once loaded.
- Currency is converted correctly when adding a product to the cart from the cart page.
- Dominant background color fixed to be as wide as the image itself when the 'Image loading style' is set to dominant background.
- Smoother hover performance for product information in the Recommended Products slider.
- Product stickers remain on the correct products when Featured Collection layout set to the 'slider' option.
- Structured Data improvements made. The
Multiple ItemList markups on a page are not allowederror from multiple Featured Collection sections being added to the homepage is now resolved.
- Blog post tags correctly link to page of posts that contain those tags.
- Breadcrumbs on Collection pages will show total number of pages rather than products.
- Stacked quantity box no longer has overlapping arrows in the product form.
- 'Unknown Type' no longer displays when adding a 'type list' block to the Collection page sidebar.
- Columns are aligned properly when generated from the Content Creator Chrome extension.
- The multi-tag sidebar filer for Collection pages is no longer case-sensitive.
- Sidebar multi-tag filter blocks will only appear on Collection pages where they are relevant to the products.
- Dynamic checkout buttons (Apple pay, PayPal, Google pay) are properly aligned on the cart page.
Flex 1.1.0 - September 26th, 2019
A 'Classic' Slideshow section. Now included as a homepage section. This traditional slideshow option can be used to promote new collections and sales, or simply as a 'gallery' to showcase some high-quality images. Adding text and buttons onto each slide can also be an excellent way to invite your customers to view certain products or pages and explore your shop.
View an example of this new section on our Emporium demo shop homepage.
Multi-tag feature. You can now choose to add a this option to the sidebar on your collection pages to filter the product listing by multiple tags which can help your customers narrow down what they're looking for. View an example of this new feature on our Trending demo shop collection page.
Sub-collections template. Organize and group specific collections within a collection! View an example of this new template in our Moda demo shop.
Predictive search. Allows search inquires to auto-complete as customers types them in your shop's search fields.
Shipping calculator. Let your customers calculate the shipping costs before the checkout page. Can be enabled under Theme Settings > Cart in the Theme Editor.
- Four Pagination Types for Collection and Search Results pages: infinite scrolling, load more option, infinite load more option and pagination numbers.
- A number of new content blocks have been added to the product templates. You can now add: Page, Divider, Blog Posts, Instagram, Image with Text Overlay, Featured Collection, Video and Map sections to your product pages to create content-rich layouts!
- Shopify's Automatic Discounts now appear earlier for customers in the purchase process, on the cart page.
- Buttons now have their own font settings in Theme Settings > Typography.
- 'Show secondary product image' setting located in Theme Settings > Product Grid. You can now choose to enable an image swap on hover for product thumbnail images in Collections. A great way to show off other angles of your products without customers needing to leave the page.
- Option to add a banner image is now included in the Gallery Page template. If no banner is used, page title will display instead.
- Mini cart/drawer now have a background color setting located in Theme Settings > Colors > Header.
- 'Social media share icon border' setting included in Theme Settings > Elements for social share icons on the product page. You can now choose from a squared or rounded border!
- The Image scrolling product template now features a slider for the gallery on mobile for a better mobile experience.
- Built-in popup feature is now disabled by default.
- Logo font settings (in Theme Settings > Typography) now apply to the the footer logo option when an image is not uploaded.
- Typography settings correctly apply to the Slideshow with Text section.
- Performance updates to the Slideshow with Text section.
- Performance updates made to the Recommended Products section.
- Performance updates to the Image Scrolling product template.
- Performance updates to the Product Gallery across product templates.
- Custom css classes now apply correctly to the Custom HTML section.
- Table styles now applied correctly when 'Enable styled tables' setting (in Theme Settings > Elements) is enabled.
- Product stickers now only display on the product page when the 'Show sale stickers' setting (in Theme Settings > Product Grid) is enabled.
- Adjustments made for logo width sizing across different footer layouts.
- More space added around input fields and labels on the 'Reset Password' page.
- Social media icons appears properly when enabled in the Top bar.
- Contact form button works properly on the Contact page template.
- 'Long horizontal' divider style for headings (located in Theme Settings > Elements) displays properly on the FAQ page template.
- Spacing is now consistent across the account, cart and currency icons in the "Vertical" header style.
- Video can be played without populating text and button fields.
- Video button is properly centered in the overlay.
- Currency Convertor drop-down styling in Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers displays properly.
Flex 1.0.3 - September 3rd, 2019
Does not apply to placeholdersinfo note has been added under the 'Text' color setting for Contact form sections for clarity.
- Increased size of icon in bottom bar of "Vertical" header.
- Horizontal scrolling no longer occurs on mobile in the product template.
- Form fields now zoom in and out properly when inputting text on mobile devices.
- Removed the second close button in Search popup modal.
- Popup modal properly closes when clicking the close button in Chrome and Internet Explorer browsers.
- Resolved issue with multiple iFrames loading when page has multiple video sections.
Flex 1.0.2 - August 21st, 2019
- Validation for checkbox fields in contact form (both section and contact page). If you've marked any checkbox fields as "required" the theme will now ensure that it's been filled out before a user submits the form.
- 'Link Style' option for button in the "Additional Blog Posts" content block on Blog post pages.
- The Featured Promotions section is now more interactive with a zoom animation added when users hover over a promotion that has a link applied.
- Thumbnails for Vimeo and YouTube iframes now appear as expected.
- Quick shop will now open for products without images.
- Quick shop loading times have been improved across all browsers.
- Embedded videos in the featured image column now work correctly in all product templates.
- Custom color swatches now appear when enabled for product thumbnails in collections.
- Mobile search icon has been refined to open and close more consistently.
- Mobile search icon opens properly for both the "Search focus" and "Vertical" header styles.
- Mobile menu scroll functionality has been updated.
- No more blank images on the Collection list page.
- Slideshow with Text image displays as expected.
- 'Start Shopping' link text in empty cart can now be translated.
- 'Indicates required field' text on Customer registration page can now be translated.
- 'View products' button appearing on each collection thumbnail can be translated.
- 'Show Gutter' setting works properly for the Gallery section on mobile.
- More space added around the mobile logo.
- Featured Blog and Instagram section titles align properly with header divider.
- Images in the Image with Text section remain cropped on mobile if the "image cropping" setting has been enabled.
- Cart logic updated to better distinguish two of the same product with different options.
- Color schemes apply correctly when more than one Map section has been added to the homepage.
- Left/Right spacing that can be set to homepage sections will now be removed on mobile.
- Announcement bar link color and link hover color apply correctly.
- Announcement bar fallback text color applied.
- Layout and functionality updates made for the Internet Explorer browser for the quick shop popup, product image slider, and color swatch hover feature.
- Resolved gaps in the stacked quantity box on the mobile cart page.
- Quick shop modal now remains open when viewing item that has been already added to the cart.
- Top bar layout has been updated to account for large menus and icons.
Flex 1.0.1 - August 14th, 2019
- Add to Cart button on mobile devices now appears proper width when Dynamic Payment Button is disabled.
- 'Sticky' centred header now remains visible after scrolling.
- 'Sticky' mobile menu refined to open/close as expected.
- All components of the mobile cart drawer can be interacted with and links are now accessible.
- Mobile menu expanding/collapsing refined to function as expected.
- Vertical header on mobile has been made compatible with a disabled announcement bar.
- Mobile cart drawer no longer appears blank.
Flex 1.0 - August 7th, 2019
INITIAL THEME RELEASE
Introducing FLEX, a game-changing new theme for Shopify!
- Multiple Header Layout Options: Classic, Centered, Search focus and Vertical.
- Multiple Footer Layout Options: Classic, Centered, Promotional and None.
- Multiple Product Page templates: Classic, Image scrolling and Sections.
- Multiple Cart types: Mini cart, Drawer and Page.
- Additional Header features: Announcement bar, Top bar, up to 10 highly flexible Mega Menus, Multiple header icon styles, Drop-down menus, Independent mobile logo setting, Specific control over 'sticky' and 'overlay' behaviour.
- Add CSS customizations to Sections directly within the Theme Editor with the Custom CSS feature.
- Per-section color overrides with background color-gradient options.
- More granular control of width and spacing with dedicated settings.
- Leverage our comprehensive icon library to add visual elements throughout your website (can be used in Announcement Bar, Icon Bar, Featured Promotions, and Text Columns with Icons sections).
- Configurable primary, secondary and add to cart buttons.
- Flexible control over core elements through the Elements tab in the Theme Editor: Breadcrumbs, Drop-down menus, Forms, Heading dividers, Quantity box, Tabs, Tags.
- The Sticky bottom bar is an ideal way to add in a 'cookie' or 'compliance' message to the bottom of the screen.
- The Icon bar can highlight key information with icons and accompanying text site-wide above the Footer.
- Site-wide search with multiple styles: popup & overlay.
- Highly flexible popup for newsletter signups.
- The Currency converter gives your customers an idea of how much it'll cost them in their currency.
- Support for Shopify Payment's Multi-Currency Feature to allow merchants to checkout in selected currency.
- Fast track a shop setup with the Demo Shop Import Feature (available through the Theme Updater App) and Demo Shop Image Download. Choose from one of the 12 Flex demo shops to import all of the theme settings, layouts, content and sections used.
- Blog posts section
- Collection list section
- Featured collection section
- Featured promotions section
- Gallery section
- Image with text section
- Image with text overlay section
- Logo list section
- Slideshow with text section
- Custom HTML section
- Divider section
- Heading section
- Featured product section
- Instagram feed section
- Newsletter section
- Contact form section
- Map section
- Testimonials section
- Page section
- Rich text section
- Text columns with icons section
- Video section
- Three product page layouts to choose from! Select Classic, Image scrolling, or Sections as your default product page template (under Theme Settings > Layout > Templates in the Theme Editor).
- Configurable product image gallery to let your customers view all of the associated images for each product.
- Alternate image thumbnail slider. A great feature to enable if your product has a lot of thumbnails. All images get tucked neatly away into a slider below the main product image.
- Support for Shopify's Dynamic Checkout buttons lets your customers skip the cart and checkout in the preferred accelerated checkout method dynamically displayed on the button.
- Support for Shopify's dynamic, automatically generated product recommendations that predicts the most relevant products based on the product a customer is interacting with.
- Social media sharing icons available in the product form area for easy-access of sharing items via Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Email.
- Built-in support for Shopify Product Reviews which is available on the product page as a Product reviews content block option.
- Logo list available on the product page as a content block option.
- Rich text available on the product page as a content block option.
- Show inventory levels. Lets your customers know that an item may soon be out of stock, and may create more of an incentive to purchase it while they can.
- Dropdown & Color swatch option styles for your product's variants. Learn more about creating custom color swatches for your products. Choose from squared or rounded for your color swatches (under Theme Settings > Product Form).
- Back in Stock Request form. Let your customers sign up to be notified when a sold out product comes back in stock!
- Size chart feature to help your customers decide which size to order.
- The Sections product template allows you to move and re-order the product gallery and product information as content blocks.
- Configurable banner. Display a banner image at the top of your collection pages.
- Drop-down product tag filter and sort by filter.
- Promotional banner. Display a promotional banner image with text above the product thumbnails on your collection pages.
- The Show product information on hover setting can be enabled to display the product title, price, and vendor on top of the thumbnail image on hover for collection pages and featured collection sections.
- Color swatches can be enabled underneath product thumbnails on collection pages (under Theme Settings > Product Grid).
- Product stickers for products that are new, on sale, coming soon, on pre-order, best seller, or staff pick. Shape and position can be configured under Theme Settings > Product Grid.
- Robust sidebar with movable content blocks: Collection list, Featured promotion, Menu, Newsletter, Page, Search form, Tag list, Text, Type list, Custom HTML.
- Configurable banner. Display a banner image at the top of your blog.
- Drop-down blog post tag filter.
- Robust blog sidebar with movable content blocks: Blog post tags list, Featured promotion, Menu, Newsletter, Page, Recent blog posts, Search form, Text, Custom HTML.
- Multiple cart icons: bag, basket, box, cart.
- Note text box. Give your customers an easy way to leave a note or special instructions for the order on the cart page (enabled under Theme Settings > Cart).
- Cart message. Display important information or text for your customers to read on the cart page.
- 'Agree to terms' checkbox. If you are required to display a Terms & Conditions link and checkbox.
- Display total savings on the cart page.
- Additional content blocks on cart page: Featured collection, Featured product and Rich text.
- Multiple alternate page templates included.
- Page.details template. Create an internal page that is completely configured with content blocks (similar to homepage sections) in the Theme Editor. Commonly used as an 'About Us' or 'Our Story' page as the content blocks give you various options to include and share details about your brand, shop and products in creative layouts!
- Page.banner template. Create an internal page that includes the ability to add a top banner image.
- Page.sidebar template. Create an internal page that includes the ability to add a sidebar.
- Page.gallery template. Create lookbooks and beautifully presents your visuals. Three style options are included for the gallery layout: classic, horizontal masonry and vertical masonry.
- Page.faq template. Share product or brand FAQs with customers on a dedicated Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Page.contact template. Let your customers easily contact you to ask questions.