The Turbo release notes list notable changes, improvements, and additions to the theme. Stay up-to-date with the latest release details by referencing this article.
Turbo 9.0.0 - May 8th, 2023
- Added section groups.
- Fixed an issue with the product prices not appearing in the correct format when using certain currencies.
- Updated the Predictive search feature to use the Predictive Search API.
- Updated the Predictive search feature to support Query suggestions.
Turbo 8.3.0 - January 16th, 2023
- Added image focal point support.
How to set focal points for images in five steps
Minimum version required to use Shopify's focal point feature.
- Renamed "Recommended products" to "Related products".
Turbo 8.2.1 - November 17th, 2022
- Fixed an issue where variant option titles that include quotes would prevent variants from being selected.
- Fixed an issue where the state and province selectors would not function on the customer addresses page.
- Fixed an issue where product prices that appear in the predictive search results would be formatted incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where product prices display in the store's default currency instead of the current currency in the mini cart when adding the product to cart.
- Eliminated FAQ template schema errors ("text" and "mainEntity").
- Removed FAQPage schema from FAQ section.
- Fixed an issue where clicking the 'Clear' button on the collections page sidebar would not clear the tag filters.
- Fixed an issue where selecting multiple tag filters on the collections page would lead to a 404.
- Fixed an issue where a "No products found" message would not appear in the subcollections template.
- Fixed an issue where HTML included in product titles would cause layout issues.
- Fixed an issue with the product form not rendering when the complementary products block was added.
Turbo 8.2.0 - November 10th, 2022
Turbo 8.1.1 - October 27th, 2022
- Fixed issues with slideshows not functioning when there is more than one of them.
Turbo 8.1.0 - October 20th, 2022
- Added Complementary products block.
Version 8.1.0 required to use Shopify's Complementary Products feature.
Turbo 8.0.1 - August 17th, 2022
- Fixed an issue where incorrect icons would appear in collapsible tab blocks.
Turbo 8.0.0 - July 28th, 2022
- New Shoppable image section.
Setting up the Shoppable image section
- New "Layout" theme setting added to the Logo list section.
- New social media icons (Behance, Clubhouse, Discord, Dribbble, etc).
- Fixed Load more button, Infinite load more button, and Infinite scroll sub-collection pagination types.
- Fixed an issue where products would have the same price in the mini cart (when a product that's on sale was added to the cart).
- Fixed an issue where the "Pagination type" theme setting would not apply to tag filtered products on the collection page.
- Fixed "Text" structured data markup for FAQ sections (errors relating to this field will no longer appear in structured data tests).
- Fixed an issue where space would appear below the header on mobile devices when the "Fixed ('sticky') header" theme setting was enabled.
- Eliminated console error that would appear when no blocks were present (or when the block visibility was toggled) in a Mega menu section.
- Fixed an issue where the Shipping rates calculator button text would not update when fetching shipping rates.
- Fixed "Back in stock request form" and "Sold out" text translations.
Turbo 7.1.1 - March 14th, 2022
- Sections formerly limited to the home page, product page, and static pages are now available for all templates.
- Search results now support faceted filtering.
- New tab and accordion features are available as product form blocks.
- Product page, featured product sections, and quick shop now access to the same product form blocks.
- Adjusted the continue shopping button for empty cart pages to be customized in cart page settings.
FIXES AND OTHER IMPROVEMENTS
- Split tags in product descriptions are recognized.
- Text fits product stickers using rounded style.
- Back-in-stock form notes now have correct product title in the notification request.
- Image with text section cropping settings now work as expected.
- Compare-at-price font color corrected to reflect color settings.
- Load-more pagination type loads new products as expected.
- Featured collection product page links now include collection handle.
- Featured collection product limit setting displays the correct number of products.
- Shop Pay Installments console errors have been resolved.
- Product and collection page prices appear as expected when inline quick shop enabled.
- Inline quick shop responds to dynamic checkout button setting.
- Product gallery thumbnails include alt text.
- Open accordion code has been refined to work with theme architecture.
Turbo 7.0.2 - February 8th, 2022
- We have updated the currency selector to use country names in addition to currency codes.
Turbo 7.0.0 - September 7th, 2021
- We have added support for Shopify's Online Store 2.0 update, including:
- Sections formerly limited to the home page can now be added to product and custom pages.
- Product sections now have the ability to add, remove, and move blocks of content around.
- Product sections can now include app blocks.
- Support for Faceted Filtering on collection pages, Shopify's new standardized filter system.
- Subscription support has been added.
- Support for showing international tax-inclusive prices.
- Most templates have been updated to use a JSON format instead of Liquid, as per Shopify's requirements.
- The quick shop settings (formerly in the Theme settings) are now controlled through a separate template, giving more flexibility to the feature.
- Variant management (product form) settings previously on the product page are now controlled through Theme settings.
- Collection filter settings have moved to the filter block's settings and can move around along with menu blocks in the sidebar.
- Subcollection settings are no longer controlled through a block, but instead the Collection page settings.
Online Store 2.0 versions
Turbo versions released after and including 7.0.0 (Sept. 7, 2021) are compatible with Online Store 2.0.
Using Theme Updater
When updating to OS 2.0 compatible versions, the home page content will need to be rebuilt. Global theme settings will be preserved in the update, but content built in the theme editor, including home page sections, will need to be reconfigured using the new OS 2.0 editor. This is a one-time process that is required to update into the new editor.
The Product.details, Page.details, and Product.description-bottom templates are not included in the latest release of Turbo. Use new Online Store 2.0 features for adding sections to pages to achieve similar results.
Vintage theme versions
Turbo theme versions released before 7.0.0 are 'vintage' themes. Vintage theme versions have limited compatibility with the latest Shopify features. Update to the latest version to make use of Online Store 2.0 features.
Turbo 6.3.2 - July 5th, 2021
- "Was" price no longer appears on a second line for mobile devices.
- Solved a scrolling issue with the sticky header menu on mobile devices.
- Fixed an issue with blog titles not redirecting to the correct blog.
- Custom contact form no longer results in a "Bad Request Error".
- Fixed a CSS issue with blockquote styling.
- Clicking "Enter" on mobile keyboards now triggers search.
- Fixed product card pricing being hidden when quickshop is disabled.
Turbo 6.3.1 - June 17th, 2021
- Updated social media setting presets to avoid confusion.
- Fixed styling issues with Contact page.
Turbo 6.3.0 - June 9th, 2021
- Added support for Local Pickup.
- Added support for Unit Pricing on products.
- Refactored Quick Shop component to support AsyncView and Smart Payment Buttons.
- Blog articles and static pages no longer appear as sold out products on the search results page.
- Fixed an issue where the sales price would appear twice if a product didn't have any variants.
- Fixed an issue with "+" signs in variant titles.
- Fixed an issue with extra margin on the product.details template.
- Fixed an issue with inconsistent sizing on product variant swatches.
- Fixed a visual error with product savings styling.
- Fixed an issue on the product.details template so that switching swatch colours displays the correct available variants.
- Resolved issue with product recommendations not showing up for meta-related collections.
Turbo 6.2.0 - March 30th, 2021
- Added Mobile Image settings for all Banner Components.
- Unify Button styling and colors.
- Reorganized settings for banner options and theme color options.
Turbo 6.1.2 - December 17th, 2020
- Added missing column snippet to resolve layout issue on page.multi-column template.
- Resolved issue with custom contact form not submitting.
- Resolved issue with search results/console errors in predictive search functionality.
- No longer a missing space between rows in the Featured Promotions section.
- The 'Display text background' setting now properly applies in Slideshow sections.
- Newsletter content block now properly aligns with other blocks in the Footer.
- Variants properly update on Product page.
- Re-worked logic for the Sub-collection template.
- The 'Start shopping' link is no longer broken in the Gift card template.
- Disqus comments now properly appear on Blog posts.
- Updated font color for currency and language selectors in the Footer.
- Resolved margin issues on secondary media.
- Resolved issue with first variable image being shown by default on Collection pages.
- The margin/padding for the pagecontent anchor tags is now uniform across the theme.
Turbo 6.1.1 - November 20th, 2020
- Hotfix for gallery arrows appearing on Collection page.
Turbo 6.1.0 - November 18th, 2020
- NEW: FAQ homepage section. The FAQ section lets you organize important information that you'd like your customers to see on the homepage in an accordion format.
- NEW: Add CSS customizations to Sections directly within the Theme Editor with the Custom CSS feature.
- Added order notes to customer account page.
- An 'Excerpt display' setting has been included for Blog Posts.
- Updated Lazysizes library.
- The predictive search functionality is now using Shopify's predictive search API.
- Changed product grid setting to be "Show secondary media on hover".
- Updated capitalization of 'buy now' buttons to ensure consistency across Add to Cart buttons.
- Hot Fix to properly display captcha when users submit e-mail to Back in Stock form.
- Added info text in the theme editor for the product gallery arrows setting.
- Product review stars below the product title are now linked to the Product reviews section.
- Updated the layout of Recommended Products section when the sidebar is enabled.
- Resolved issue with product gallery producing duplicate images.
- Updated checkout/cart buttons to use dynamic URLs from route object.
- Resolved issue with missing field 'name' error in Featured Product section.
- Resolved issue with size guide breaking in Featured Products.
- Updated BIS field to be pre-populated if a customer is signed into their account.
- Adding more than 9 products to the cart no longer splits the cart count in the cart icon.
- Resolved issue with sale sticker showing if variants are different prices.
- Resolved issue with 'load more products' button only appearing once before becoming infinite load.
- Eliminated structured data warnings in Product page.
- Resolved issue with minimmum variant price not showing up in inline quick shop.
- Updated Flickity resize timeouts.
- Resolved issue with Recommended Products variant image not switching in inline quick shop.
- Resolved issue with Divider section adding an extra line below headings.
Turbo 6.0.7 - September 18th, 2020
- Updated hot fix for missing translation issues.
Turbo 6.0.6 - September 18th, 2020
- Hot fix for missing translation issues.
Turbo 6.0.5 - August 5th, 2020
- Support for Shopify's built-in "Social sharing image" setting (located in Online Store > Preferences). You can now add a default image to be used for social sharing when another relevant image can't be found. Learn more
- A 'Darken banner image' setting has been added to all page templates with banners for consistency.
- The theme's "Social sharing image" setting (previously found in Theme Settings > Social Media) has been removed in order to support Shopify's built-in option.
- Refactored customer account tables in the theme to ensure they collapse on mobile devices.
- Improved functionality of product gallery slideshow transition.
- Resolved an issue with the product slider for products using meta-related-collection tags in the recommended products section.
- Translation no longer reverts back to default language when searching.
- Resolved issue with main product image not changing when clicking product thumbnails.
- Screen no longer flashes when using HTML5 videos in the Video section.
- Video media types now play in recommended products slider if the 'show secondary product media on hover' setting is enabled.
- Clicking the logo no longer switches language back to its default option.
- Improved logic for images in Video section to resolve height errors.
- Images are no longer cropped in product gallery lightbox on mobile devices.
- Suggested videos can now be clicked in video iFrames.
- Resolved issue with recently viewed products not appearing in sidebar.
- Currency drop-down selector is now aligned with menu items.
- Removed extra margin on top of banner images on desktop.
- Product vendor link is no longer broken in Quick shop.
- Variant image switching works in inline Quick shop with tag filter applied.
- Header logo and menu are now vertically aligned.
- Mobile header logo no longer overlaps other elements on narrow screens.
- Resolved issue with sticky header menu causing scroll issues on mobile devices.
- Can now properly move recommended product block in the product.details page.
- Products can properly be filtered and cleared using the multi-tag filter in sidebar.
- Recommended products no longer duplicate on additional product.details pages.
- Blog page titles no longer overlap on blog page.
Turbo 6.0.4 - July 21st, 2020
- Hot Fix to properly display captcha when merchants sign up for newsletter
Turbo 6.0.3 - July 3rd, 2020
- A new checkbox has been included to enable/disable the newsletter on the Password page.
- A new setting to show drop-down menus on click instead of hover to account for multi-line menus has been added in Sections > Header > Menus.
- The width of text on the Team page template is now wider on mobile devices.
- The Recently viewed products & Recommended products heading sizes are now consistent with each other.
- The 'Logo top padding' and 'Menu top padding' settings have been removed in order to provide a more consistent and reliable Header layout.
- The accordion content widget now works immediately with the theme when the accordion code is added. The previous addition in the app.js.liquid file is no longer required.
- The Tag filter in the Collection page sidebar now works when the site is translated.
- Accordions created from the OOTS Content Creator now toggle properly.
- Lazy loading performance for product gallery images when hover to zoom is enabled has been improved.
- Resolved issue with map spacing always showing in Custom Contact template.
- Resolved mega menu link issue on mobile devices.
- Thumbnail images in featured products section are now clickable.
- As expected, prices no longer show when a product is 'coming soon'.
- Recommended products now display properly in the theme editor if a store has custom domain name.
- Pagination type now properly applies on Collection list page.
- Updated transition on image switching for variants.
- Buttons now properly appear in Featured promotions section on iPad Pro devices.
- Resolved issue with placeholder image automatically getting cropped in Video section on mobile devices.
- The 'View in your space' button for 3D models now appears properly on mobile devices.
- Updated search container to be positioned correctly if menu is under logo.
- Social share buttons visibility issue has been addressed on Product pages.
- Resolved issue with products missing from Collection pages when infinite scroll is enabled.
- MP4 video types now work in Product.details templates.
- Improved implementation of iframe video embeds to account for different ratios.
- Resolved issue with estimated read time always being 0 on Blog posts.
Turbo 6.0.2 - May 21st, 2020
- NEW: Support for Shopify's native currency selector. This new feature will change the price displayed to customers based on their selection and includes support for native multi-currencies. Learn how to set up the currency selector here. IMPORTANT: The theme's built-in currency converter is still being maintained.
- Support for Shopify's multi-language capabilities. A 'Language selector' can now be enabled in your shop's Header and Footer. Learn how to configure multi-languages here.
- Replaced select
- Updated recommended dimensions for header logo.
- Updated logic for lock icon appearing in mini-cart.
- Resolved lightbox issue with oversized images in IE.
- Search icon remains top-aligned when menu extends past one line.
- Logo no longer shifts to the left in sticky header when center aligned.
- Placeholder image for video section only appears when no video/image is added.
- Resolved issue with product page images not appearing correctly in IE11.
- Newsletter captcha no longer loads page with captcha out of view.
- Resolved predictive search issues on mobile.
- Variant images now respond to variant changes in the inline quick shop.
- Text no longer appears under the overlay in Article template.
- Resolved issue with prices not changing in search template when currency converter is enabled.
- Resolved issue with swatch hovering not switching the variant image on collection pages.
- Map registers map height setting in page.contact-custom template.
Turbo 6.0.1 - March 31st, 2020
- Updated logic for the 'Show secondary product media' setting. If you have a video added as your second media type, hovering over the thumbnail will play the video.
- Button in the Image with Text section now takes on the 'Text' color defined in its settings block for the border and background hover color.
- Resolved issue with variant image not switching based on product variant chosen.
- Resolved issue with product page images not appearing correctly in IE11.
- Notification email no longer gets cut off if quotations are used in product variant titles.
- Collection Page banners are no longer being displayed under the Header section instead of the header being overlaid on top of them.
Turbo 6.0.0 - March 25th, 2020
Our re-imagined Chicago style allows you to easily flip the switch between a light and dark mode with two built-in presets: "Day" and "Night".
Day, with its fresh, cheerful vibe and modern design accents, is a breath of fresh air for your online store. For brands looking for more impact, Night features vibrant pops of color and a bold aesthetic that will make your products stand out.
Both style presets showcase a demo store selling CBD products. For information on selling CBD on Shopify, check out this document.
- NEW: Support for Shopify's Product Media types such as video, AR, and 3D models for product galleries. Read Shopify's full documentation on product media to find out if your shop supports this new feature.
- The 'Show secondary product media' setting (located in Theme Settings > Product Grid) that lets you enable an image swap on hover for product thumbnails has been updated to support video playback on thumbnail hover as well.
- Refactored video section to use Plyr library for improved functionality including a new mute setting and an option to toggle video controls. IMPORTANT: This may require merchants to re-add video URLs to video sections.
- The 'Show secondary product image' setting has been renamed to 'Show secondary product media'.
- Resolved issue with span tags appearing around price in collection templates.
- Drop-downs no longer display in top menu on mobile devices.
- Resolved issue with quick shop adding products twice if on cart page.
- Clear function now properly clears tags in the collection sidebar multi-tag filter.
- Resolved scroll issue on page.banner templates.
Turbo 5.0.6 - March 5th, 2020
- Resolved issue with quantity selector in the Featured Product section when testing in theme editor.
- Magnify product images on hover issue has been resolved.
- 'Show text below image' setting now properly enabled on mobile devices for Image with Text Overlay and Slideshow sections.
Turbo 5.0.5 - March 3rd, 2020
- NEW: 'Wide Display' setting now included for banner images on page/blog templates and to the product.details and page.details 'Gallery' sections.
- The page.custom-contact template now includes the ability to hide the map section.
- Updated page design of Shopify 'Policy' pages to be consistent with our other page templates.
- The 'Products per row' setting for the Recommended Products section now goes up to 5.
- Breadcrumb settings have been changed theme wide to
Show breadcrumb linksinstead of
- Video text now appears as expected on mobile devices.
- Resolved issue with Tag Filters not clearing properly when visiting a URL with the Tag Filter selected.
- Duplicate logos no longer appear when Header is sticky and a secondary logo is added.
- Removed extra space that gets added under the Footer in the page.liquid template.
- Initial menu item no longer remains open when hovering off of it in the Mega Menu or drop-down menu.
- Lazyframe no longer applies to the whole body of a page.
- Now able to swipe/scroll through Product Image Gallery even when ‘popup’ is disabled.
- Clicking on the Mini-Cart will no longer scroll to the top of the page on mobile devices when the 'Sticky header' is enabled.
- Resolved horizontal scrolling issue in Mini-Cart on IE11 browsers.
- Adding in quotes to the FAQ page template no longer results in a Google Structured Data error.
- Agree to Terms warning from language file is now properly displayed in Cart page.
Turbo 5.0.4 - February 26th, 2020
- The 'Instagram feed' section has been removed due to the deprecation of the Instagram API. Please refer to the following article from our Help Center for more info and recommendations for replacing this feature in your shop.
- The 'Twitter feed' section has been removed due to layout issues when Instagram is not present.
Turbo 5.0.3 - January 21st, 2020
- Google Structured Data has been integrated with Blogs and Blog Posts.
- Validation for checkbox fields in contact form (both section and contact page). If you've marked any checkbox fields as "required" the theme will now ensure that it's been filled out before a user submits the form.
- All URLs now include Shopify's new Liquid property to generate dynamic URLs.
- The deprecated
.lengthliquid filter has been removed from the Featured Collection section code and replaced with the
- Setting names are now consistent for homepage section settings and product grid settings.
- On Android devices, the page will now refresh when pulling down.
- Submenu links stay the same size when clicked and held.
- "Sold Out" text appears on product thumbnail images when "Show information on hover" is enabled in the product grid settings (Theme Settings > Product Grid).
- Size Chart popup now works for Featured Products on the homepage.
- Comments on Blog Posts are now full-width.
- Phone number field in the Top Bar area of the Header now works and connects to calls on mobile devices.
- The 'Orders will be processed in CAD' message will now be disabled on the cart page when Shopify's Multi-Currency is enabled.
- The height of the 'Sticky Header' now remains the same after scrolling up and down.
- Product thumbnails no longer duplicate on Collection Pages in the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Product options in the drop-down style no longer duplicate when the Inline Quick shop and Infinite scroll pagination are both enabled.
- YouTube video embeds are now responsive on Blog Post pages.
- Main menu is no longer off-center when logo is left-aligned.
- Main menu is no longer off-center when search is disabled in the Header.
- Adding a product from the Cart Page Featured Collection will now automatically update the cart with the new product added:
Turbo 5.0.2 - December 6th, 2019
- Resolved issue with duplicated drop-down selectors on Product page.
Turbo 5.0.1 - December 5th, 2019
- Updated jQuery library to the latest version.
- Youtube short links now work with Video sections.
- A "Back to account details" link is now accessible on the Order details page.
- Resolved issue with tag filters disappearing from sidebar.
- Product titles no longer overlap in product thumbnails.
- Color swatches now appear properly on Collection pages.
- Top bar no longer overlaps titles on Policy page on mobile devices.
- Sale banner percentages show the correct amount.
- Improved visibility for checkout button in the mini cart.
- Slider dots now show up for Recommended Products slider.
- Resolved JSON-ld error in Recommended Products section.
- Variants are now properly linked in Recommended Products section.
- Multiple instances of mini cart are no longer shown on mobile.
- Resolved issue with slider not scrolling on iOS devices.
- Popup cookie now gets properly set so that site visitors don't see it on every page.
- Resolved quantity issue with Buy One Get One automatic discount on the Cart page.
- Total savings now appear on the Cart page and mini cart.
Turbo 5.0.0 - October 31st, 2019
A brand new demo shop. Tennessee is a smooth, refreshing style; perfect for showcasing all the finer things in life. See it in action and test it out in your own shop today.
- Mobile specific settings for banner images have been added to the Image with Text Overlay sections, Slideshow sections and Video sections. You can now choose the text position (on top or below the image), text color and image cropping to get your images looking perfect on mobile. Learn more
- A "remove" button has been added to the mini cart and Cart page – based on popular demand.
- The option to hide the featured image has been added to the Blog posts page.
- New delivery of styles. We now have individual zips for each style so that you can get set up quickly with the existing demo shop layout and content (instead of just the fonts and colours) Why? We can only include a limited amount of styles in the settings_data.json file, so this enables us to include more styles. Learn more
- Updates across the mini cart and Cart page to show automatic discounts earlier in the checkout process.
- Applied preferred layout for the Order details page.
- Updated translation for savings in German language file.
- Improved functionality to resolve multiple audio loops on linked featured videos.
- Standardized the "Sold out" button UX to provide consistent experience.
- Resolved layout issues for Recently Viewed thumbnails when color swatches are enabled.
- Sticky header layout issue updated to prevent unexpected spacing.
- Variants are now readable by screen readers to improve accessibility.
- Mega menu no longer stays open when hovered over on touchscreen laptop devices.
- Updated structured product data to prevent errors reported with JSON-LD.
- When using InstantClick, previous scroll position is maintained when using browser back button.
- Extra images are prevented from appearing in Quick Shop when infinite scrolling is enabled.
- Fixed Microsoft IE/Edge bug where product images could be duplicated on scroll.
- Gallery page template now works properly with every image transition style.
- Improved functionality for product gallery when more than 7 images are used.
- Resolved issue with incorrect sticker appearing in Quick Shop for "Coming soon" products.
- Team page template title is now always visible on mobile even when announcement bar is enabled.
Turbo 4.2.1 - August 29th, 2019
- Integrated multi-currency functionality (available to Shopify Payments users)
- Updated translation on password page
- Images are now responsive in size chart
- Resolved issue with button text color not inverting on hover
- Quickshop modal functions when no product images are available
- Resolved issue with broken image tags in product thumbnails
- Updated multi-currency text
- Color bar no longer appears over bottom of image in the mega menu
- Resolved issue on touchscreen laptops with the cart icon not leading to the cart page
- Embedded videos in the product image gallery display at the appropriate aspect ratio
- Vertical menus retain their appropriate color until dropdown is hovered on
- Product thumbnails no longer duplicating on collection page in Microsoft Edge
- Filters can now be cleared on the collection page sidebar
- Removed additional top space in first column of the vertical masonry in the gallery template
- Resolved issue with broken code displaying at the top of the product page
- The option text in the contact form is now pulling the correct style
Turbo 4.2.0 - August 19th, 2019
- New ‘Quick Shop’ setting to display the product form in the collection grid
- New custom contact form feature
- Automatic discounts are now shown earlier in the buying experience
- Added Shopify's recommended products feature (https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/products/features/recommend-related-products)
- Changed vendor name position in the product grid
- Resolved issue with product images duplicating in Quick Shop
- Product images now properly appear when first loading the product page
- Deprecated widget settings in Twitter Feed
- Improved Structured Data to resolve warnings
- Text is now visible if background of Image With Text section is set to 'white'
- Resolved padding issue in the Contact block on product.details template
- Heading setting on Reviews block has been added to the product details template
Turbo 4.1.5 - June 4th, 2019
- Fixed Instagram feed
Turbo 4.1.4 - June 3rd, 2019
- Made revisions to the Twitter feed settings
- Removed additional space above ‘image’ block that was causing alignment issues
- Resolved issue with Google pay button not displaying
- Links now work on Gallery page
- Resolved issue with newsletter alignment in the footer on tablet devices
- Tracking cookies will only be displayed when social media feeds are enabled
- Autoloop setting now works for both Youtube and Vimeo video
- Thumbnail now properly displays when product image has video attached via alt text
- Button remains highlighted on video section on mobile device
- Resolved issue with add to cart button text overflowing the button container
- Re-worked column sizing in footer section
Turbo 4.1.3 - May 1st, 2019
- Help links in the Customize theme editor have been moved from the setting label to the setting info
Turbo 4.1.2 - March 5th, 2019
- Google Plus social icons have been removed
- Adjusted padding on Newsletter popup
- Agree to Terms settings have been condensed to have one global setting
- Fixed Lightbox on gallery page template
- Resolved issue with lazy frame on homepage map section
- Featured Promotions can now stretch full width on larger screens
- Secondary Payment Buttons now appear on IE11
- Issue with ‘Add to Cart’ button has been resolved on iPad mini 1st Generation
- Separate settings have been made for the blog post author byline and author bio
- Proper message is displayed when unavailable variants are selected
- Resolved issue with “Ghost” mini cart on mobile devices
- Embedded videos in product gallery now load on thumbnail click
- 'Drop-down Menu' now has separate typography settings
- Resolved issue with pixels firing twice when products were added to cart
- Magnify product images on hover works in Safari browsers
- Removed additional heading in newsletter section on the password page
- Horizontal masonry works with wide-display setting enabled
Turbo 4.1.1 - January 28th, 2019
- Addressed vimeo display issue on video section
- Added missing email icon from social buttons
- Fix for narrow images in the image with text overlay section
- Updated password page to properly display password prompt
Turbo 4.1.0 - January 21st, 2019
- Improved performance with lazy loading videos
- New image loading transition that features dominant image color
- Enhanced optimizations for image loading performance
- New Fancybox modal library for improved browser compatibility
- Faster resource downloads by implementing preconnect attributes
- New settings to align the height of both collection and product images
- Improved blur transition on iOS
- Newsletter section now contains a 'Wide display' setting
- Small italic font style tweak to improve text in Safari
- New bottom slider option available in all product gallery views (including Quick Shop)
- Currencies now support an apostrophe separator (requested for RUB)
- New favicon image sizes added to improve bookmark appearance in Safari
- Updated search page to have unique meta description for better SEO
- Newsletter button width redesigned to display full-width on mobile
- Back in stock request form includes support for Captcha success message
- 'Slideshow' and 'Image with text overlay' images no longer have entire image linked unless the button label is blank
- Gallery breakpoints have been revised to improve grid alignment for all screensizes
- Enhanced legibility of testimonial text on mobile screens
- Browser compatibility improvements for IE and Edge involving sold out variants and specific font rendering
- Improved display of recently viewed products in the sidebar
Turbo 4.0.3 - December 21st, 2018
- Dynamic payment buttons are now enabled by default
- Update spam checking for Out of Stock notifications to catch more bots
- Remove page dots from product image slider
- Override styling for dynamic payment buttons when Gpay is enabled
Turbo 4.0.2 - November 20th, 2018
- Improve hover to zoom feature in lightbox on product page
- Update related products block to work in conjunction with the recently viewed block
- Additional fix for Chilean currency decimal placement
- New percentage grid improvements on the product.details page and sub-collection templates
- Improved backwards compatibility
- Shipping calculator label can now be edited directly from the language editor
- Google Pay button in dynamic payment buttons now have a consistent height applied
Turbo 4.0.1 - November 13th, 2018
- Improved compatibility with the home page video autoplay setting
- 'Image with Text Overlay' section now utilizes the typography size settings
- Adding a featured product from the cart page will display the product in the cart
Turbo 4.0.0 - November 6th, 2018
- New theme style. Dubai is a clean, luxurious new Turbo style (http://turbo-theme-dubai.myshopify.com)
- Cart page can now display a Featured Collection, to use to recommend more items before checkout (https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011515653)
- New page.team, a Team page template - show off your team with individual configurable content blocks for each team member, prominently featuring an image and name, with additional information appearing on hover. (https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011427354)
- A setting to display a Lock Icon on the Checkout button has been added - proven to increase conversions.
- New option added to the Product page to display alternate thumbnail images in a slider
- Related Products is now a movable block on the product.details template, to be repositioned as you wish.
- Recently Viewed Items is now a moveable block on the product.details and page.details templates - place it where you like it.
- New option to disable auto-advancing for slideshows and galleries
- Wide display is now optional for the Slideshow, Image with Text Overlay, Featured Video, Featured Product, Image with Text and Testimonials sections, for further flexibility
- Revised Testimonials section settings for easier configuration
- Image with Text features and Newsletter Popups now feature additional image cropping/position settings for greater flexibility when configuring these elements.
- The theme's CSS grid has been completely updated to be percentage-based, for enhanced responsive behaviour
- Polyfill library has been added to improve image alignment method
- Product page form (Add to Cart button and Quantity selector) now has an improved layout
- Improved newsletter popup button size
- Text with Image Columns images are now appearing crisp on Internet Explorer
- Videos embedded within a product description now span the full width of the description column
Turbo 3.2.1 - October 26th, 2018
- New feature to show the estimated reading time of a blog post.
- Add support for the Google Maps API to show different colored maps. (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-settings/map-section-api-key).
- Prevent flash of fixed header when scrolling quickly on desktop.
- Add hover to zoom on product page lightbox.
- Update backwards compatibility for custom lightboxes.
- Check added for shipping calculator to give warning if logged-in user has not set a zip/postal code.
- Add separate settings for showing/hiding comment count and tags on main blog page and individual blog posts.
- Resolve issue with Chilean Peso currency issue in quick shop display.
- Remove extra conditional checking whether Shopify Product reviews is installed.
- Enable scrolling on size chart for touch devices when tabbed content is present.
- Ensure that search results return everything on mobile in all search fields (if setting is enabled).
- Improved Back in Stock form to only show for sold out products (not including unavailable variants).
Turbo 3.2.0 - September 10th, 2018
- New Custom HTML section on the homepage.
- New settings to hide or show reviews and star ratings depending on the chosen product template - important to note that reviews on existing product pages will need to be reconfigured since they are no longer in the global settings (https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008549274).
- New option to add `Reviews` block to product.details template for greater position flexibility.
- New fallback to prevent no-image appearing on predictive search for blog posts without a featured image.
- Footer Text block can now be displayed without a headline.
- Improved theme setting details for logo position and logo alignment.
- Improved action of secondary submenu dropdown on landscape touch devices.
- Add breadcrumb position value to update schema details.
- Resolved swatch error in quick shop view.
- Small visual difference with dropdown arrows on FireFox browser have been made consistent
- Resolved issue with small newsletter input fields.
- Sale price color now applies to featured collections section on mobile.
- Update to allow transparent choice on product grid hover background.
- Update structured data schema to include itemCondition attribute.
- Update to remove refresh needed when resizing from desktop to mobile in browser.
- Improved theme setting naming to prevent confusion when choosing options for main menu colors.
Turbo 3.1.2 - August 2nd, 2018
- Hotfix to remove resizeTimer function that was causing theme editor lag.
Turbo 3.1.1 - August 1st, 2018
- New setting to enable adaptive height on slideshow section.
- Bug fix for collection page quick shop back in stock form not removing message after Captcha has been submitted.
- Bug fix for predictive search when percentage symbol is included in search term.
- Bug fix for secondary product image on touch devices to prevent need for double tap.
- Bug fix to move currency converter error inline with other dropdown arrows.
- Bug fix for OG:Image to prevent mega menu getting pulled in as social image on content pages.
- Bug fix for sorting filter on sub-collection page.
- Bug fix for translation strings in app.js.liquid.
- Bug fix to revert changes to spacing on Image with text section standard width for 1 image per row.
- Add additional check for Shopify Product Reviews app to prevent errors.
- Remove translation string for notification form, which can now be edited through the theme editor.
- Update mini cart display on mobile to prevent page content from scrolling in background.
- Update block ids in .details templates for easier CSS targeting.
- Update payment icons to svg and to prevent broken payment icon links.
- Update for resizing browser and mobile menu functionality.
Turbo 3.1.0 - June 25th, 2018
- New font picker settings introduced (https://help.shopify.com/themes/development/theme-editor/settings-schema#font-picker).
- An extensive, standardized list of typeface options is now available, with previews of the typeface visible within the 'Customize' settings editor.
- This update requires that typography settings are reconfigured using the new typeface options (Admin > Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Typography).
- Bug fix for product gallery images sizing when lightbox is enabled.
- Bug fix for extra spacing in the "Image with text" section on home page.
- Bug fix to remove truncation on blog post excerpts and announcement text.
Turbo 3.0.5 - June 6th, 2018
- New update for product page image gallery for adapting to product image heights.
- Bug fix for Add to Cart button light background when Dynamic payment is enabled.
- Bug fix for image sizing in size guide modal.
- Bug fix for product lightbox image sizes displaying smaller on initial load.
- Bug fix for gallery page images not being centered in lightbox.
- Bug fix for mobile menu text beside icon not being clickable.
- Bug fix to remove breadcrumbs when pagination is set to "Load more" or "Infinite scroll".
- Bug fix to allow for blank parent link in sidebar to trigger submenu visibility.
- Bug fix to show "Continue shopping" on tablet landscape view.
- Bug fix for recently viewed images alignment in sidebar.
- Bug fix for wide display setting on Image with text homepage section.
- Bug fix for scrolling minicart on mobile devices that caused entire site to scroll.
- Bug fix for video block autoplay issue on product.details template.
- Improve customer login page by adding a confirmation message when password reset email is sent.
- Improve announcement bar display when there is a large amount of text.
- Update jQuery to latest version.
- Update autoplay settings to warn that feature is not supported on all browsers.
Turbo 3.0.4 - April 27th, 2018
- New mini cart background color setting.
- New size limit for blog excerpts.
- Bug fix for predictive search showing $0.00 for sold out and free products.
- Bug fix for stray closing tag when video is included in alt text.
- Big fix for search input placeholder text on search page.
- Bug fix for text overlap when animation is set to none on slideshow.
- Bug fix for app conflict causing duplicate PayPal buttons on cart page.
- Bug fix for featured collections product information on tablet devices landscape.
- Bug fix for sale price styling on variant change.
- Update vertical menus to include active class on selection.
Turbo 3.0.3 - April 9th, 2018
- New setting to support dynamic payment buttons (https://help.shopify.com/manual/using-themes/change-the-layout/dynamic-checkout).
- Bug fix for collection thumbnail hover alpha filter.
- Bug fix for mobile header dropdown search alignment.
- Bug fix to add side-scrolling for size chart on mobile popup.
- Update details pages to use `include` snippet to sync all the section/blocks for consistency.
Turbo 3.0.2 - March 23rd, 2018
- New standard width option for Image with text block.
- New setting to enable an inventory threshold limit for remaining inventory.
- Bug fix for twitter share where titles were sometimes being truncated.
- Bug fix for Featured products section corner alignment.
- Bug fix for Product.details template’s Coming soon text not appearing correctly.
- Bug fix to allow product grid thumbnail to have a transparent background.
- Bug fix for larger tablet devices and the mega menu dropdown not appearing.
- Bug fix for related products’ quick shop variant selection interfering with product’s variants when using swatches.
- Bug fix for vertical menu header background disappearing on submenu items.
Turbo 3.0.1 - March 14th, 2018
- Bug fix for JS error when search is disabled.
- Bug fix for search form alignment on mobile.
Turbo 3.0.0 - March 14th, 2018
- New theme style - Florence (https://turbo-theme-florence.myshopify.com/).
- New live search feature with autocompleted results.
- Added infinite scroll option to search page results.
- New banner setting on search page.
- New content blocks on product.details to include all page.details options.
- Newsletter sign up form option within footer.
- New divider sections to home page for easier layout options.
- Added autoscroll to top after filtering collection results in sidebar.
- Bug fix for product lightbox on slow connections.
- Bug fix on product.details page for featured collection limit.
- Bug fix for variants not appearing on home page featured products in theme editor.
- Bug fix for mobile menu dropdown arrows on iOS.
- Update Flickity and jQuery libraries.
Turbo 2.2.4 - February 13th, 2018
- Improvements to vertical menu on touch devices.
- Bug fix for color swatch variant issue on slower connections.
- Update Image with Text mobile display on product.details template.
- Bug fix for review stars on collection page filtering.
- 'Bug fix for additional checkout buttons on cart page with mini cart.
- Update mini cart on Safari to prevent overlap on button.
- Small bug fixes for password page background, account activation buttons and secondary logo header.
Turbo 2.2.3 - January 12th, 2018
- Fix for Instagram API updates.
- Translation fixes for customer page and Shipping Calculator.
- Section support for password page.
- Support for Tunisian Dinars in currency list.
- Moved "Continue reading link style" option to the "Colors" tab.
- Added Itemprop for descriptions to the "product.description-bottom" template.
- Bug fix for Recently Viewed Slider on mobile devices.
- Bug fix for margins in the "page.gallery" template (Firefox).
- Bug fix for product labels.
- Bug fix for mobile menu when scrolling.
- Limited blocks (20) for the "page.details" and "product.details" templates.
- Bug fix for mobile logo color.
- Bug fix for filters and sorting backgrounds.
Turbo 2.2.2 - December 12th, 2017
- page.faq template now supports header sections to group FAQs.
- Account registration page now includes an 'accepts marketing' checkbox.
- New setting for inventory limit on product form.
- Bug fix for product gallery when using 'blur' image loading style.
- Bug fix for 'Squared' button style.
- Bug fixes for mega menu in IE.
Turbo 2.2.1 - November 9th, 2017
- Improved the loading of slideshow images.
- Enhanced the image gallery masonry-style layout.
- Redesigned the mobile contact form to display the text/subheading above the form.
- New setting to display the featured collection description on the home page.
- New setting to display a map on the contact page.
- Revised styling of 'Continue as Guest' button.
- Bug fix for closing the mobile menu.
- Bug fix for square Instagram videos.
Turbo 2.2.0 - October 19th, 2017
- New style preset: Chicago.
- New page.faq template.
- New 'Text columns with images' home page section.
- New Google Maps greyscale color option.
- New slideshow arrow color settings.
- New Banner headings font setting.
- New 'standard width' option for 'Image with text' section.
- New 'Continue reading link style' setting for blog posts.
- New style options for the Divider line setting.
- Additional Google Font options added.
- Support for a 3-level submenu toggle in the sidebar menu.
- Removed snippet causing duplicate Google Analytics page views.
Turbo 2.1.5 - September 12th, 2017
- Instagram feed fix to display square images.
- Bug fix for Recently Viewed in sidebar.
- Bug fix for video sections.
- Update all numeric sections to use a range slider.
- Bug fix for featured promotions link using image without text.
- Bug fix for search on header when using vertical menu.
Turbo 2.1.4 - July 25th, 2017
- New option for vertical dropdown menu.
- Added line item support to minicart.
- Bug fix for mega menus on mobile.
- Bug fix for autoplay video on page.details template.
- Bug fix for custom color swatches on Safari.
Turbo 2.1.3 - July 4th, 2017
- Bug fix for "Align height of product images" setting.
- Bug fix for shipping rates calculator.
Turbo 2.1.2 - June 26th, 2017
- Bug fix for the MailChimp newsletter form option.
- page.details now supports the secondary logo.
Turbo 2.1.1 - June 22nd, 2017
- Support for custom mega menus in the sticky navigation.
- Bug fix for product limit on recently viewed.
Turbo 2.1.0 - June 16th, 2017
- New multi-tag filters on the collection page.
- Recently viewed products, available to display on the home, collection, and product page.
- New page.details template for creating a layout similar to the home page.
- New custom mega menu builder that supports images, content, and links.
- New action button settings for the popup.
- Price savings can now be displayed on the product page and cart.
- New home page search section.
- New home page contact form section.
- New home page map section.
- Revised typography settings to include range sliders and footer settings.
- New color settings for the feature promotions and Quick Shop.
- Bug fix for the password page logo- Upgrade to jQuery v3.2.1.
- Bug fix for Featured collection limits.
Turbo 2.0.10 - May 4th, 2017
- MailChimp newsletter fix for the popup.
- Bug fix for Instagram feed in IE.
- Twitter feed fix with Ludicrous speed mode.
- Product swatch fix for Safari.
- Added option to enable product image zoom on Quick Shop.
- Sidebar and footer toggle fix for mobile devices.
- Secondary logo now appearing on banner enabled pages.
Turbo 2.0.9 - April 12th, 2017
- MailChimp newsletter option submits directly to MailChimp.
- Bug fix for re-ordering the video section.
- Resolved IE layout issues.
- Notification form revised for 'swatch' form option.
Turbo 2.0.8 - March 31st, 2017
- Favicon upload setting revised.
- Bug fix for the "Free" product text.
Turbo 2.0.7 - March 29th, 2017
- Bug fix for disabling the related products.
- Revised section HTML tags on the home page.
Turbo 2.0.6 - March 28th, 2017
- Bug fix for autoplay setting in the Video section.
- Bug fix for the search results page.
Turbo 2.0.5 - March 28th, 2017
- Newsletter sign up forms support CAPTCHAs for multiple submissions.
- Inventory remaining setting now available in the product grid settings.
- Display vendor setting added to the product grid settings.
Turbo 2.0.4 - March 24th, 2017
- Currency converter quick shop issue fixed.
Turbo 2.0.3 - March 24th, 2017
- Performance enhancement for the Quick Shop overlay.
- Bugfix for the home page Featured Products section.
Turbo 2.0 - March 22nd, 2017
- Added support for Shopify Sections
- Sections enable merchants to add, reorder, and remove homepage content, offering a quick and visual way to set up a store's design
- New style preset: Seoul
- New gallery page layout options
Turbo 1.2.5 - February 7th, 2017
- Bug fix for the newsletter section on Safari
- Bug fix for the checkout button on a long mobile mini cart
- Improved the 'align product images' setting
- Cart page enhancements for updating the product quantities
Turbo 1.2.4 - January 5th, 2017
- Compatibility fix for the Theme Updater app
Turbo 1.2.3 - January 4th, 2017
- Bug fix for product page thumbnails on Safari
- Collection swatch fix for MS Edge
Turbo 1.2.2 - November 28th, 2016
- Bug fix for related products on mobile
- Bug fix for review stars on the product sliders
- Decreased whitespace on banner images without captions
Turbo 1.2.1 - November 24th, 2016
- Optimized mobile thumbnail images
- Bug fix for video in product gallery
Turbo 1.2.0 - November 22nd, 2016
- New theme setting to change the product gallery transition from slide to fade
- Bug fix for banner images in IE
- Bug fix for the product lightbox with different image dimensions
- Added inventory checks to the mini cart and cart page
Turbo 1.1.2 - November 11th, 2016
- ALT text added to page.gallery template
- Bug fix for select box layout zoom on mobile
- Mini cart and quick shop performance enhancements
Turbo 1.1.1 - November 1st, 2016
- Collection page ALT text bug fix
- Currency converter bug fix
- Newsletter banner background bug fix
Turbo 1.1.0 - October 27th, 2016
- New option to link to Terms of Service page for customers
- New feature for Mini cart to go to cart page instead of checkout
- New lightbox option for product images
- New option to display collection banner images from the collection's featured image
- Further image optimization on page banners and articles
- Enhanced product forms to dynamically display sold out variants based on selected variant
- Bug fix for related items showing incorrect banners
- Bug fix for newsletter sign up success message
- Bug fix for IE banner caption alignment
- Added check for full-width template to detect if image contains alt text
- Styling update for sub_collections template
Turbo 1.0.5 - October 5th, 2016
- Advanced image optimizations for the home page performance
Turbo 1.0.4 - September 28nd, 2016
- Bug fix for collection.sub-collection alternate template
- Bug fix for alternative checkout buttons
Turbo 1.0.3 - September 27nd, 2016
- Bug fix for the mobile sub-menus
- Bug fix for collection page banners on mobile
Turbo 1.0.2 - September 22nd, 2016
- New first and last name settings for the newsletter sign up form
- 'Align product rows' setting now affects product row sliders
- Support for additional checkout buttons in the mini cart, including Apple Pay
- Add ability to show secondary image on hover on collections page
- Bug fix for product.description-bottom template
- Color swatches will be square/round based on the Button Styling setting
Turbo 1.0.1 - September 8th, 2016
- Bug fix for certain versions of Safari that would cause a page reload
- Bug fix on the cart page when updating quantities
Turbo 1.0 - September 6th, 2016
- Initial release
- Sport and Ludicrous Speed modes
- Dynamically minified HTML
- Lazy loading, optimized images responsive to all screen sizes
- Instantaneous page transitions for ultra-fast navigation
- Accelerated Quick View functionality
- Accessible search options for quick product lookup
- Enhanced mobile browsing experience and performance
- Highly configurable full-width slideshow and banner image sections with multiple action buttons, text and - color settings
- High-impact promotional sections with a wide variety of display options
- Versatile navigation configuration, including multiple menus and logo alignment options
- Extendable mega menu with multi-column submenus
- Dismissable promotional banner
- Animated, interactive mini cart
- Multiple product templates including full-width banner sections
- Advanced styling options for newsletter signup
- Video banner section with support for YouTube, Vimeo, and native MP4 videos
- Product row sliders for related items and featured home page products
- Infinite collection page scrolling with advanced pagination options
- Flexible touch-enabled product gallery with hover-to-zoom and multiple configuration options
- Dynamic collection page filtering and sorting options
- Animated info on hover options for product thumbnails