Retina 4.7.1 - April 15th 2020
- NEW! Support for Shopify's native currency selector. This new feature will change the price displayed to customers based on their selection and includes support for native multi-currencies. Learn how to set up the currency selector here.
- NEW! Support for Shopify's multi-language capabilities. A 'Language selector' can now be enabled in your shop's Header and Footer. Learn how to configure multi-languages here.
- Prices for sold out products are now included on products pages beside the 'Sold out' text.
- The ability to tab through drop-down menus has been included to improve accessibility within the theme.
- Updated logic to the 'Show secondary product media on hover' setting. If you have a video added as your second media type, hovering over the thumbnail will now play the video.
- Collection page schema has been updated to JSON-LD.
- Replaced select
- Blog page banner image will now fit entire screen when wide display is enabled.
- Resolved issue with total items number overlapping the quantity selector in the cart drawer on mobile devices.
- Updates to video section to ensure that video is responsive and banner images are accurately sized to remain consistent with the chosen settings.
- Refactored the styling for product gallery thumbnails.
- Resolved issue with product page images not appearing correctly in IE11.
- Updated set product height styling for product templates.
- Removed the size chart link from quick shop.
- Resolved layout issues with the quick shop on certain screen sizes.
- Resolved filtering issues in the collection banner template.
- Added product media tweaks to keep styling consistent.
- Added margin between images in the 'Gallery' section if wide display setting is not enabled.
- Resolved issue with dynamic checkout buttons being misaligned in Safari browsers.
- Resolved issue with heading font size not retaining it's size on mobile devices in the product.details template.
- Fade animation now properly working in 'Slideshow' sections.
Retina 4.7.0 - February 13th, 2020
- NEW! Support for Shopify's Product Media types such as video, AR and 3D models for product galleries. Read Shopify's full documentation on product media to find out if your shop supports this new feature.
- The 'Show secondary product media' setting (located in Theme Settings > Product Grid) that lets you enable an image swap on hover for product thumbnails has been updated to support video playback on thumbnail hover as well.
- The ability to enable a thumbnail slider for your product page galleries! Located in your product page settings in the Theme Editor, you can now neatly tuck thumbnail images into a slider below the main product image. Learn more
- dateModified field has been included for Blog posts to prevent Structured Data errors.
- Replaced Flexslider library with Flickity for better slideshow and product gallery display.
- Refactored video section to use Plyr library for improved functionality including a new mute setting and an option to toggle video controls.
- The 'Show secondary product image' setting has been renamed to 'Show secondary product media'.
- Banner images now load in smoother due to the implementation of the Flickity library.
- The 'Orders will be processed in CAD' message will now be disabled on the cart page when Shopify's Multi-Currency is enabled.
- More improvements made to Structured Data to resolve warnings. The latest changes allow you to eliminate the following warnings:
The sku field is recommended. Please provide a value if available.
This Product is missing a global identifier (e.g. isbn, mpn or gtin8). Please see documentation for valid identifiers.
Retina 4.6.6 - February 12th, 2020
- NEW! A 'Custom HTML' section is now available on the homepage, product.details template, and page.details template. Learn more
- The 'Instagram feed' section has been removed due to the deprecation of the Instagram API. Please refer to the following article from our Help Center for more info and recommendations for replacing this feature in your shop.
- The 'Twitter feed' section has been removed due to layout issues when Instagram is not present.
Retina 4.6.5 - December 19th, 2019
- Integrated InstantPage library for enhanced theme speed! The InstantPage library uses 'page pre-loading', which starts to load the HTML for a page before a user clicks on it. InstantPage ensures that pages are preloaded only when there’s a good chance that a user will visit them.
- Support for FAQPage Schema has been included for the page.faq template.
- NEW! 'Description position' setting for the Featured Product section (located in Sections > Featured Product) lets you choose whether to display the description above or below the product form (add to cart button).
- First and last name fields have been included in the Newsletter content block option for the Footer.
- ALT tags have been added to Product page thumbnail images to improve accessibility and SEO.
- Implemented JSON-LD which improves Structured Data to resolve errors and warnings.
- Flexslider library (used for slideshows and product galleries) has been updated to version 2.7.2.
- All URLs now include Shopify's new Liquid property to generate dynamic URLs.
- Updated functionality to include Shopify’s linkOptionSelectors function.
- The deprecated
.lengthliquid filter has been removed from the Featured Collection section code and replaced with the
- 'Description' field in the Language files for the Back in Stock form (located in Actions > Edit code > Languages > Products > Notify form) has been removed as it's no longer required. To edit the text that appears for the Back in Stock form, navigate to Theme Settings > Product Grid > "Back in stock request" form text.
- Featured promotions no longer link to the homepage when no link has been added.
- Size Guide links on the product page are no longer duplicated.
- 'Unknown Type' no longer displays when adding a 'type list' block to the Collection page sidebar.
- The correct price now shows for the 'Compare at' price on sale items.
- Dynamic Checkout Buttons on the cart page now properly align.
- Product prices are no longer missing from the Cart Page on mobile devices
- When Currency Converter is disabled, prices on the Collection page no longer appear as NaN.
- Hover effect on the Image with Text section now works when the text block is positioned to the left.
- The 'availability' field is now accurate for Sold Out variants when run through a Structured Data Testing tool.
- The 'Directions' button in the Map section no longer opens in a new tab.
Retina 4.6.3 - August 12th, 2019
- All existing wallet buttons on the cart have been replaced with dynamic checkout buttons
- Designer credits have been removed from the footer
Retina 4.6.2 - July 16th, 2019
- Deprecated widget settings in Twitter feed
- Resolved issue with featured promotion images
- Added ‘Wide display’ setting to rich text section in both the product details and page details templates
- Ensured that the logo top padding is being applied properly on mobile devices
- Resolved spacing issue with ATC and DPB buttons
- Resolved microdata issue on collection page
- Size guide link is now in-line with the product price
- Product images are now properly loading on product page
- Updated the popup on mobile devices to prevent scrolling past the modal
- Order details are now properly aligned on orders page
- Announcement bar now has the correct font family
- Limit products functionality is now working in the featured collections section
- Resolved issues with blurry cover swatch images on collection page
- Resolved issues with e-mail being shared in Disqus
- Updated OG image sharing properties
- Google Pay button is now properly aligned on product page
- Updated image size recommendation in slideshow section
- Dynamic Payment Buttons are now enabled by default
Retina 4.6.1 - June 28th, 2019
- Ensured that all Shopify-owned domains have rel=nofollow
Retina 4.6.0 - June 21st, 2019
- Automatic discounts are now shown earlier in the buying experience
- Replaced related products with Shopify's recommended products feature (https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/products/features/recommend-related-products)
- Moved the sidebar on product page template into section (blocks will need to be updated)
- Removed affiliate link from the footer
- Removed 'Compare at' price from the cart page
Retina 4.5.10 - May 8th, 2019
- Help links in the Customize theme editor have been moved from the setting label to the setting info
Retina 4.5.9 - March 29th, 2019
- Revised styles for announcement bar links
Retina 4.5.8 - March 26, 2019
- Resolved announcement bar overlap on mobile devices
- Header no longer overlaps banner images on mobile devices
- Back in stock notification form appears correctly for sold out variants on multi-variant products
- Resolved issue with pixels firing twice when products were added to cart
- Google Plus social icons have been removed
- Agree to Terms settings have been condensed to one global setting
- Updated settings for slideshow button color
- Added padding to Policy Page to improve layouts
- Resolved issue with split image loading on product pages
Retina 4.5.7 - February 7th, 2019
- Resolves spacing issue with secondary thumbnail image
Retina 4.5.6 - February 4th, 2019
- Updates to Back In Stock notification form, including linking to the appropriate variant and mitigating spam submissions
- Updated mobile page layout and spacing
- Smoother transition for product images on product pages
- Margin has been removed from logo on article page
- New favicon image sizes have been added to improve bookmark appearance in Safari
- E-mail icon has been added to the product page social buttons
- Header no longer overlaps content on the customer account activation and policy page
Retina 4.5.5 - December 6th, 2018
- Image loading performance has been improved
- Additional checkout buttons have been adjusted for consistent styling
- Support for apostrophe separated currencies has been added
- Dynamic payment buttons have been updated to be enabled by default
- Flickering that occurred when slideshow animation is set to 'slide' has been resolved
- Dropdown menus now function as expected on iPad Pro
- A toggle menu issue on tablets has been resolved
Retina 4.5.4 - October 12th, 2018
- New setting for a non wide display width on the video section
- Replace old CloudZoom library with new zoom to better support modern browsers and resolve issue on Safari 12
- Previous and next arrows now appear on product gallery when "Hover to zoom" option is selected (if thumbnails are not visible)
- Resolve issue with variant prices not updating in 'Featured product' section when text position was set to 'Left'
- Improve 'Image with text' section's header by correctly applying selected header font
- Refactor sidebar to show submenu when a parent link doesn't have a url
- Update styling on sidebar to be more consistent with existing dropdown icons
- Sync 'Instagram' section header font size with theme settings
- Improved Back in Stock form to only show for sold out products (not including unavailable variants)
- New setting to limit remaining inventory message based on threshold (eg. only appear when 5 items left)
- Small tweak to affect display of arrows on 'Testimonials' section in IE11
- Adjustment for fixed header to prevent overlapping captcha form and customer account page
- Prevent cart icon count from appearing twice on mobile
- General breakpoint improvements to enhance layout on tablet devices
- Update google schema data to include itemCondition
- Remove top and bottom borders on social section headings for greater consistency on homepage sections
Retina 4.5.3 - August 20th, 2018
- New fade effect for blog post excerpt truncation (no longer strips html tags)
- Bug fix for small image resizing on secondary image swap
- Bug fix for side cart quantity and order notes not updating values on cart page
- Bug fix to prevent scrolling to top when clicking cart or tab elements
- Bug fix to prevent black background when selecting transparent background on header
- Bug fix for login and account page content being cut off by header
- Bug fix to prevent captcha form being hidden by header
- Bug fix for image gallery thumbnails where 5th thumbnail is larger
- Bug fix for page.gallery template to ensure proper alt text is added
- Bug fix for collection page quick shop back in stock form not removing message after Captcha has been submitted
- Bug fix to center text in buttons vertically in 'Image with text' section, Map section and quick shop
- Update references to dropdown to drop-down for Shopify guide
Retina 4.5.2 - July 3rd, 2018
- Update payment icons to svg and to prevent broken payment icon links
Retina 4.5.1 - June 19th, 2018
- New size limit for blog post excerpts
- Bug fix for header overlap on blog post
- Bug fix for "Position header over content" on the collections template
- Bug fix for 'Agree to terms' checkbox translation
- Bug fix for product price sale styling on variant change
- Bug fix for dropdown columns appearing offscreen
- Update jQuery to latest version
- Update autoplay settings to warn that feature is not supported on all browsers
Retina 4.5.0 - June 1st, 2018
- New font picker settings introduced (https://help.shopify.com/themes/development/theme-editor/settings-schema#font-picker)
- An extensive, standardized list of typeface options is now available, with previews of the typeface visible within the 'Customize' settings editor
- This update requires that typography settings are reconfigured using the new typeface options (Admin > Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Typography)
Retina 4.4.0 - April 18th, 2018
- New style update for Amsterdam preset (https://retina-theme-amsterdam.myshopify.com/)
- New style options for buttons - beveled, rounded and squared
- New option for top banner on blog page and contact page
- New FAQ page template with top banner
- New hover animations and text options for featured promotions
- New settings for homepage Image with text section to match page.details block
- New divider section for additional layout options on homepage
- Bug fix for "Out of Stock" not appearing on variant change
- Bug fix for Featured products text color
- Bug fix to hide border if heading is not used
- Bug fix for dropdown alignment on smaller screen sizes
- Update sidebar styling to improve display on tablets
Retina 4.3.2 - April 3rd, 2018
- New setting to support dynamic payment buttons (https://help.shopify.com/manual/using-themes/change-the-layout/dynamic-checkout)
Retina 4.3.1 - March 23rd, 2018
- New content blocks on product.details to include all page.details options
- Bug fix for color swatch variant issue on slower connections
- Bug fix for title overlap on mobile when logo is inside the header
- Bug fix for cart total not updating when drawer is updated on cart page
- Bug fix for tag filtering on paginated collection results
- Bug fix to add missing “Wide display” to slideshow section
- Bug fix for announcement banner/ header overlap
- Bug fix for spacing on slideshow and newsletter sections
- Bug fix for password page background colour not applying
Retina 4.3.0 - February 9th, 2018
- Update map section with new settings and color schemes
- New newsletter section for the home page
- Updates to Rich text layout
- "Featured products" section changed to "Featured product" and no longer uses blocks
Retina 4.2.7 - January 19th, 2018
Retina 4.2.6 - January 19th, 2018
- Bug fix for the currency converter
- Bug fix for collection banner image with header position settings
Retina 4.2.5 - January 17th, 2018
- Fix for Instagram API updates
- Update password page to use sections
- Update for slideshow button styling
- Add support for Tunisian Dinars
- Bug fix for page.details section reordering header
- Bug fix for page.banner header background
Retina 4.2.4 - January 9th, 2018
- Support for the new nested navigation feature
- Bug fix for embedded videos on product page
- Bug fix for click events on mobile logo
Retina 4.2.3 - December 1st, 2017
- Revised responsive image sizes for the product gallery and product thumbnails
- Slideshow images are now displayed with JS disabled
- New setting for inventory limit on product form
- Support for auto-responsive embedded videos on content pages
- Fix for non-square Instagram videos
- New button text and Edit cart color setting
- New mobile logo settings to select the position
Retina 4.2.2 - September 28th, 2017
- Support for a 3-level submenu toggle in the sidebar menu
- Bug fix for the minimum popup size
- Bug fix for mobile menu and cart icon colors
- Support for saving the note in the side cart
- Instagram feed fix to display square images
Retina 4.2.1 - August 25th, 2017
- Implemented the lazysizes library for lazy loading responsive images
- New page.details template for creating a layout similar to the home page
- New contact form section for the home page
- New map section for the home page
- New richtext terms and conditions setting
- New page.banner template
- Announcement bar enhancements with close button
- Revised the product.details styling
- Support for line item properties in the side cart
- Updated jQuery to v3.2.1
Retina 4.2.0 - July 25th, 2017
- Updated the numeric theme settings to use range selectors
- All headline fonts will adjust from the base size
Retina 4.1.8 - June 21st, 2017
- Upgrade for the CloudZoom library
- Bug fix for social sharing buttons
- Bug fix for announcement message with a non-sticky header
- Bug fix for the text shadow slideshow setting
Retina 4.1.7 - May 4th, 2017
- Bug fix for Instagram feed in IE
Retina 4.1.6 - April 28th, 2017
- Promotional announcement message now displayed on mobile
- Related products can be displayed on the product.details template
- New setting to enable the cart drawer
- Product variant URLs work with swatch form style option
Retina 4.1.5 - April 12th, 2017
- All text settings are now escaped
- Revised the default Amsterdam style
- Bug fix for HTML5 video section option
- Enlarged product galleries with no thumbnails
- Added translations for account address forms
Retina 4.1.4 - April 4th, 2017
- Support for validating the product quantity in the side cart
- Newsletter sign up forms support CAPTCHAs for multiple submissions
- New setting for displaying the newsletter popup on mobile
- Support for multiple pages of orders on the account page
- Added banner subheading typography settings
- New setting to hide the Cart button
Retina 4.1.3 - February 27th, 2017
- Minor revision to Instagram feed
Retina 4.1.2 - February 24th, 2017
- Added support for a CAPTCHA check in the back in stock request forms
- Bug fix for the 'agree to terms' warning on login page
- Instagram title linked to profile on the home page
Retina 4.1.1 - February 16th, 2017
- Fixed overlapping text with slideshow arrow
- Fix for AJAX newsletter submission
Retina 4.1.0 - February 14th, 2017
- New sidebar settings now use "content blocks", allowing for content to be reordered
- Newsletter form now supports Shopify's CAPTCHA challenge
- Additional options for the product.details template - https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006910647-Advanced-Product-Page-Layouts-How-to-use-the-product-details-template-
- Bug fix to the product gallery caption styling
Retina 4.0.1 - January 21st, 2017
- Updated the page.sidebar template to use sections
- Home page gallery mobile layout revised
- Bug fix for ALT text on gallery/logo section
- Bug fix for background image setting
Retina 4.0.0 - January 14th, 2017
- Added support for Shopify Sections
- Sections enable merchants to add, reorder, and remove homepage content, offering a quick and visual way to set up a store's design
Retina 3.2.3 - November 7th, 2016
- Support for the Shopify Reviews app (https://apps.shopify.com/product-reviews)
- New theme setting for the main menu dropdown background color
- Updated jQuery to v1.12.4
- Blog articles per page setting
- Bug fix for full width home page banner images
Retina 3.2 - December 24th, 2015
- Article Images support with new blog layout settings (https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007100028-Setting-Up-Blog-Article-Images)
- Apple Wallet and QR code support on gift card page
- Collection page swatches link directly to the product variant
- Instagram feed now supports an official Instagram Access Token
- Ability to re-order the various home page sections
- Chinese translations added
Retina 3.1 - September 10th, 2015
- New password page template file and settings (https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006909967-Password-Page)
- jQuery updated to 1.11.3
- Flexslider updated to 2.5.0
- Pinterest sharing button bug fix
- Added new light/dark credit card icons with Amazon option
Retina 3.0 - June 12th, 2015
- AJAX 'add to cart' with side cart support
- New promotional banner setting
- New logo display width setting
- New fixed (sticky) header setting
- New footer copyright text setting
- Added mobile lightbox of product page images
- Added product page SKU setting
- Support for a Size Chart on the product page
- New background image setting for the Newsletter Popup
- Ability to feature full products on the home page
- AJAX 'back in stock request' form, also includes the product variant name
- Google Rich Snippets markup updated to http://schema.org/Product
- New Color Swatch feature for displaying swatches on the product and collection page
- New 'agree to terms' checkbox option for the cart
- Stylesheet change to styles.scss.liquid extension
- Gift card layout revised
- Instagram profile feed now supports video
Retina 2.1 - November 14th, 2014
- Support for theme translations (with default languages English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese)
- Instagram widget updated to support user profile images
- Bug fix for tabs in Quick View
Retina 2.0 - August 7th, 2014
- Revised title tags
- mmenu updated to v4.3.6
- Added two new styles - Amsterdam and Melbourne
- Setting to display full product description in quick shop
- Revised search overlay form
Retina 1.2 - July 23rd, 2014
- Mobile search box updated to submit to advanced search
- Facebook Open Graph support for videos
- Currency converter position fix for IE
- Header transparency theme setting
- Related items positioning fix for long sidebar
- Official support for associating images with variants
- Collection page sorting
- jQuery updated to v1.11.1
- jQuery Cloud Zoom updated to v3.1 rev1405291330
- New checkout page styling
- Newsletter 'thank you' text setting
- Setting for number of dropdown column links
- Setting to disable sliding cart
- Animation options for the Featured Links
Retina 1.1 - January 10th, 2014
- Currency Converter
- Newsletter Popup feature
- Instagram feed on homepage
- Inventory remaining optionally displayed
- New setting for mobile menu background color
- Support for two product columns on the mobile layout
- Quick Shop image/variant association bug fix
- Image variant to image association implemented for mobile
- Shipping calculator bug fix for non-US addresses
- Add next/previous meta tags for products in a collection
- New "Add to Cart" text setting
- Support for two featured product collections on the home page
- New Bitcoin icon
- Login/Continue as Guest form bug fix
- Blog article comments pagination added
- CloudZoom library updated to v3.1
- Updated jQuery.mmenu plugin to v4.1.7 (mobile menu fix for Android)
- Updated Flexslider to v2.2.0
- New sidebar link color settings
- Home page navigation text shadow setting
- Footer layout revised with optional social icons
- Support for split product descriptions
- Side cart buttons setting to display top or bottom of products
- jQuery updated to v1.11.0
- Updated Facebook Open Graph and Twitter Card meta tags
Retina 1.0 - September 12th, 2013
- Initial release
- Shopify Design Award Winner: http://www.shopify.com/design-awards