Parallax 4.1.1 - February 3rd, 2021
- Improved theme resource loading including CSS, fonts, and JS
Parallax 4.0.5 - December 1st, 2020
- Removed all .scss files and compiled .css files locally instead for merchants.
Parallax 4.0.4 - November 18th, 2020
- Hot Fix to properly display captcha when users submit e-mail to Back in Stock form.
Parallax 4.0.3 - October 30th, 2020
- NEW! Predictive search capabilities. Support for Shopify's predictive search API has been added to the theme. Allows search inquires to auto-complete as customers types them in your shop's search fields. Learn more
- The theme's CSS grid has been converted to a percentage-based grid, for enhanced responsive behaviour.
- Updated Fancybox library.
- Resolved issue with missing part of the text in the cart drawer upon initial load.
- Updated media position functionality for Featured Product sections.
Parallax 4.0.2 - September 16th, 2020
- Support for Shopify's built-in "Social sharing image" setting (located in Online Store > Preferences). You can now add a default image to be used for social sharing when another relevant image can't be found. Learn more
- The theme's "Social sharing image" setting (previously found in Theme Settings > Social Media) has been removed in order to support Shopify's built-in option.
- Updated lazysizes library to the latest version.
- Updated tabbing logic for navigation to improve accessibility.
- Updated delay transition in flyout menus to improve accessibility.
- Added word-wrap mixin to prevent word overflow on pages.
- Improved product gallery slideshow transition functionality.
- Fixed mobile banner width to prevent text from being cut off.
- Added info text in the theme editor for the product gallery arrows setting.
- Resolved issue with very tall product images being cut off on mobile devices.
- Updated BIS e-mail field so that it's pre-populated when a customer is signed into their account.
- The quantity value of products in the cart drawer can now be manually updated.
- 404 page title is now centered.
- Resolved issue with back in stock notifications showing as 'undefined'.
- Updated capitalization settings for buy now buttons.
- Placeholder text in the cart drawer order notes is no longer cut off after first word.
- Updated logic for product price alignment setting in product grid.
- Headings are now responsive for mobile.
- Cart button text no longer overlaps the checkout button.
- Resolved issue with search settings on mobile devices not differentiating between 'everything' and 'only products' setting.
- Checkout/Cart buttons are now using dynamic urls from route object.
- Resolved issue with navigation dots covering buttons in mobile slideshow section.
- Disabling the 'Show product stickers' setting now properly applies to the 'Pre-order' stickers.
- Suggested videos can now be clicked in video iFrames.
- Resolved issue with unsubscribed message not displaying entirely.
Parallax 4.0.1 - July 21st, 2020
- Hot Fix to properly display captcha when merchants sign up for newsletter
Parallax 4.0.0 - July 14th, 2020
Styles for our four Parallax presets have been reimagined! Vienna and Madrid are now shops that highlight the Food & Drink industry – Vienna a specialty grocery store and Madrid a brew pub! The same industries are showcased for Aspen (Sports & Recreation) and Los Angeles (Clothing & Fashion), but they have also been given a style refresh in terms of colors, layout and content.
- NEW! A detailed list layout has been introduced as an option in the Featured collection section. Learn more
- NEW! The ability to turn on the parallax effect for mobile banner images is now available under Theme settings > Layout. Learn more
- NEW! A new 'Button' Quick shop style has been included as an option and can be chosen in Theme settings > Quick shop. Learn more
- A 'Darken banner image' setting has been added to all page templates with banners for consistency.
- Text shadow can now be disabled for links in the Main menu, located in Theme settings > Colors > Header.
- An 'Inventory threshold' setting has been added in Theme settings > Product grid that will be put into effect if the 'Show inventory remaining' setting is enabled. This will set threshold for the inventory to only show the remaining inventory once it reaches a capped amount.
- Prices for sold out products are now included on products pages beside the 'Sold out' text.
- Parallax scrolling library has been updated to provide better functionality and includes option of having parallax enabled on mobile.
- Updated settings for cropping banner images on mobile. Learn more
- Banner sections have been updated to allow for vertical/horizontal text positioning as well as setting an image focal point for their images. Learn more
- The Announcement bar now has a close icon added so it can be dismissed.
- Updated heading font sizes to improve consistency.
- Improvements made to lazyloading functionality.
- Resolved issue with black bar showing in video section when '4:3' video format is chosen.
- Disabled gallery popup on product image in Quick shop.
- Proper variant image is reflected in cart drawer.
- Clicking mobile logo now properly returns to homepage.
- Sticky header with logo now accounts for Announcement bar height.
- Footer border now appears at the top of the footer in Product and Sub-collection pages.
- Product price alignment setting now properly works in Collection list.
- Resolved issue with sidebar newsletter section not displaying text entered in the theme editor.
- Recommended products now properly appear in theme editor if store has custom domain name.
- Resolved issue with Agree to Terms checkbox appearing too small on mobile devices.
- Newsletter signup form in sidebar is now responsive to different screen sizes.
- Slideshow/banner image no longer disappears when screen is resized.
- Alt text now included on images viewed in the Product page lightbox feature.
- Resolved issue with parallax height not working in Video section on page.details template.
- Sold out text now appears before price in Quick shop.
- Resolved issue with Header background not appearing on Collection pages.
Parallax 3.7.3 - May 27th, 2020
- NEW! Support for Shopify's native currency selector. This new feature will change the price displayed to customers based on their selection and includes support for native multi-currencies. Learn how to set up the currency selector here.
- NEW! Support for Shopify's multi-language capabilities. A 'Language selector' can now be enabled in your shop's Header and Footer. Learn how to configure multi-languages here.
- Linkable image option has been included for the Image with Text section.
- Updated logic to the 'Show secondary product media on hover' setting. If you have a video added as your second media type, hovering over the thumbnail will now play the video.
- Replaced select
- Removed 'Footer background image' setting.
- Disabled zoom in product gallery on mobile devices to improve scrolling experience (lightbox can be enabled to provide zooming).
- Resolved issue with product page images not appearing correctly in IE11.
- Sold out variants are no longer crossed out if they are available in other combinations.
itemListElementGoogle Structured Data error no longer appears for any page that includes the
- Improved parallax scrolling effect on Safari browser.
- Notification e-mail no longer gets cut of off if quotations are used in product variant titles.
- Resolved issue with sub-collection template layout.
- Videos added to product page descriptions now resize with screen size changes.
- Resolved scrolling issue on mobile devices.
Parallax 3.7.2 - March 13th, 2020
- Integrated InstantPage library for enhanced theme speed! The InstantPage library uses 'page pre-loading', which starts to load the HTML for a page before a user clicks on it. InstantPage ensures that pages are preloaded only when there’s a good chance that a user will visit them.
- Refactored customer account tables in the theme to ensure they collapse on mobile devices.
- Updates have been made to the Header to allow for more accurate alignment of centered menus.
- Product title no longer interferes with quantity selector in cart drawer on mobile devices.
- Banner images now properly display on iPads using latest iOS.
- Secondary drop-down menu items no longer bleed off the drop-down background.
- The 'Vendor list' sidebar option for Collection pages now properly returns products.
- Sold out variants are no longer crossed out if they are available in other combinations.
- Footer background image now properly fills section even if there is a long footer menu on mobile devices.
- Banner images no longer display a small copy of the image in upper left corner on mobile IOS devices.
- To keep consistency, add to cart button is the same height as quantity box.
- Refactored quick shop modal layout to ensure it's responsive at certain breakpoints.
- Updates have been made to the 'Crop parallax mobile banner images' setting.
- When autoplay is disabled, video 'play button' and video background/placeholder will properly be displayed.
- The 'Set height of product image' setting now works on product page.
Parallax 3.7.1 - February 12th, 2020
- NEW! A 'Custom HTML' section is now available on the homepage, product.details template, and page.details template. Learn more
- The 'Instagram feed' section has been removed due to the deprecation of the Instagram API. Please refer to the following article from our Help Center for more info and recommendations for replacing this feature in your shop.
- The 'Twitter feed' section has been removed due to layout issues when Instagram is not present.
Parallax 3.7.0 - January 30th, 2020
- NEW! Support for Shopify's Product Media types such as video, AR and 3D models for product galleries. Read Shopify's full documentation on product media to find out if your shop supports this new feature.
- The 'Show secondary product media' setting (located in Theme Settings > Product Grid) that lets you enable an image swap on hover for product thumbnails has been updated to support video playback on thumbnail hover as well.
- The ability to enable a thumbnail slider for your product page galleries! Located in your product page settings in the Theme Editor, you can now neatly tuck thumbnail images into a slider below the main product image. Learn more
- Replaced Flexslider library with Flickity for better product gallery display.
- Refactored video section to use Plyr library for improved functionality including a new mute setting and an option to toggle video controls. IMPORTANT! This will require merchants to re-add video URLs to video sections.
- All URLs now include Shopify's new Liquid property to generate dynamic URLs.
- The 'Show secondary product image' setting has been renamed to 'Show secondary product media'.
- Renamed "sale," "coming-soon," and "pre-order" labels to be called stickers instead of badges.
- Updated blog template setting labels from "Show blog post tags" to "Show tag filter" and "Show tags".
Updated functionality on Android devices for product light-box to swipe for next image, instead of tap
- Collections with only one product will now show in the Recommended Products section of product pages.
- Resolved mobile background image issues when "Stretch background" option is enabled.
- Resolved inaccessible drop-down issue when "Drop-down position" setting was set to "Below header".
- Product thumbnails no longer need to be clicked twice on collection pages to open.
- Improved product image gallery slideshow on mobile when only one image is present.
- Updated the alignment of the Twitter Feed Timeline
- Deprecated widget settings in Twitter Feed
- Ensure that tracking cookies for Twitter only appear when Twitter is enabled
- Resolved issue with dropdown being hard to access in Header
- Updated typography settings so that Rich Text section is linked to the appropriate settings
- Designer credits have been removed from the Footer
- Size guide link no longer appears twice in Featured Products section
- Sold out button now appears for sold out variants
- Resolved formatting issue on IOS devices in the Testimonial section
- Adjusted the alignment for the order details on the orders page
- Resolved issue with banner not displaying in Image with Text Overlay section
- Add to Cart font now matches the Dynamic Checkout button font on mobile
- Removed “Related Products” settings from product templates
- Previous/Next buttons now appear on the product page
- Removed duplicate sidebar settings from product section settings
- Product image sizes are consistent in collection page on mobile devices
- Resolved issue with hamburger menu on mobile devices
Parallax 3.6.1 - June 28th, 2019
- Ensured that all Shopify-owned domains have rel=nofollow
Parallax 3.6.0 - June 18th, 2019
- Automatic discounts are now shown earlier in the buying experience
- Replaced related products with Shopify's recommended products feature (https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/products/features/recommend-related-products)
- Moved the sidebar on product page template into section (blocks will need to be updated)
- Removed affiliate link from the footer
- Removed 'Compare at' price from the cart page
Parallax 3.5.9 - May 15th, 2019
- Removed Google Plus social icons
- Agree to Terms settings have been condensed to one global setting
- Updates to featured product variants to ensure that only sold out variant swatches remain crossed-out
- Resolved issue with pixels firing twice when products were added to cart
- Limit products functionality is now working in the featured collections section
- Thumbnails on product page are now centre aligned
- The ‘zero’, ‘one’, and ‘other’ settings for the "Search results count" can now be updated in the language files
- Previous and Next buttons are now set up for navigating to a product page from a feature collection section
- Quantico font variations now work in mobile menu
- Resolved issue with duplicate comments appearing in the article page
- Announcement bar no longer overlaps the first section of the homepage on mobile
Parallax 3.5.8 - April 30th, 2019
- Help links in the Customize theme editor have been moved from the setting label to the setting info
Parallax 3.5.7 - February 20th, 2019
- Currencies now support an apostrophe separator (requested for RUB)
- Padding and alignment has been improved for policy, shipping and password reset page
- Mobile header design has been improved
- Updates have been made to the Back In Stock notification form, including linking the appropriate variant with the form so that the e-mail notification reflects this
- New favicon image sizes added to improve bookmark appearance in Safari
- Alignment of videos in product images has been improved
- Product image issues on iOS have been resolved
- Unavailable swatches are now appearing 'crossed-out'
- "Agree to Terms" checkbox size has been revised
Parallax 3.5.6 - December 17th, 2018
- Dynamic payment buttons are now enabled by default
- Update spam checking for Out of Stock notifications to catch more bots
- Animation for Featured Product section has been updated
Parallax 3.5.5 - November 19th, 2018
- Update for drop-down menu to prevent issue with stacked menu items when "Below parent link" is selected
- Allow banner heading to display on contact page template regardless of whether there is a map heading
- A conflict that resulted in Shipping Calculator issues when logged-in customers without addresses has been resolved
- Tweak alignment of login icon and "My account" in header
- Resolve issue with product form on product.details template
- Improve form alignment on popup modal
- Replace old CloudZoom library with new zoom to better support modern browsers and resolve issue on Safari 12
- Add spacing setting to divider section
- Improved Back in Stock form to only show for sold out products (not including unavailable variants)
- Add additional space below customer login form on Firefox
Parallax 3.5.4 - August 30th, 2018
- New sign-in icon replaces text in main menu layout
- Add block ids to .details templates for easier anchor links and CSS targeting
- Bug fix for product thumbnails that were sometimes showing at smaller sizes on larger screens
- Bug fix for `Image with text` section when image position is set to right, grid view on portrait tablet devices
- Bug fix to vertically align button text on newsletter and homepage section
- Bug fix for `Image with text overlay` section in Firefox where a grey bar would sometimes appear with Parallax scrolling enabled
- Bug fix to prevent scrolling to top when clicking popup
- Bug fix for accordion functionality in page template
- Bug fix for settings schema data - itemCondition
- Bug fix for Instagram images not displaying on mobile
- Bug fix for announcement bar scrolling behind menu
- Bug fix for collection page quick shop back in stock form not removing message after Captcha has been submitted
Parallax 3.5.3 - July 13th, 2018
- New fade effect for blog post excerpt truncation (no longer strips html tags)
- Bug fix for 'Image with text overlay' section by adding back-face property
- Bug fix to prevent scrolling to top when clicking cart or tab elements
- Bug fix on mobile to prevent touch issues when 'Hover to zoom' setting is enabled
- Update to remove extra markup on page-banner template when heading is not enabled
Parallax 3.5.2 - July 3rd, 2018
- Update payment icons to svg and to prevent broken payment icon links
Parallax 3.5.1 - June 19th, 2018
- New size limit for blog post excerpts
- New offset for anchor links on pages to prevent header overlap
- Bug fix for gallery template alt text not appearing (addresses all scenarios)
- Bug fix for 'All collections' template to show title even when banner is enabled
- Bug fix for currency converter's arrow overlapping currency text
- Bug fix for transparent header on page.details template
- Bug fix for 'Image with text' block alignment on page.details template
- Bug fix for video section showing a flash of the placeholder image when autoplay set to true
- Update jQuery to latest version
- Update autoplay settings to warn that feature is not supported on all browsers
Parallax 3.5.0 - June 1st, 2018
- New font picker settings introduced (https://help.shopify.com/themes/development/theme-editor/settings-schema#font-picker)
- An extensive, standardized list of typeface options is now available, with previews of the typeface visible within the 'Customize' settings editor
- This update requires that typography settings are reconfigured using the new typeface options (Admin > Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Typography)
Parallax 3.4.2 - April 19th, 2018
- New scroll to newsletter in footer after successful sign up
- Bug fix for newsletter sign up form alignment
- Bug fix for hover to zoom product image appearing above header
- Bug fix for animation issues caused by tablet orientation change
- Bug fix for mobile menu and cart vertical alignment
- Bug fix for parent link color on main menu
- Bug fix for gallery template alt text not appearing
- Bug fix for tablet (portrait mode) now properly darkens banner images
- Bug fix for collection image issues reported on iOS mobile devices
- Bug fix for reported jumpy mobile issues on iOS mobile devices
- Bug fix for product price sale styling on variant change
- Bug fix for featured video section on page.details not working properly
- Bug fix for dropdown parent link unclickable in main menu
Parallax 3.4.1 - April 3rd, 2018
- New setting to support dynamic payment buttons (https://help.shopify.com/manual/using-themes/change-the-layout/dynamic-checkout)
Parallax 3.4.0 - March 2nd, 2018
- Updates related to mandatory Section Parity requirements from Shopify
- Update map section with new settings and color schemes
- Update announcement section settings
- New newsletter section for the home page
- Updates to Rich text layout
- "Featured products" section changed to "Featured product" and no longer uses blocks
- Bug fix for color swatch variant issue on slower connections
- Bug fix for background color on password page
- Bug fix for quantity box overlapping long product titles in cart
- Updates for newsletter first and last name alignment
- Big fix for featured product image on home page not appearing immediately
Parallax 3.3.4 - January 17th, 2018
- Fix for Instagram API updates
- Add support for Tunisian Dinars
- Update password page to use sections
- Bug fix for background color on modal
- Bug fix for collection page tag filtering
Parallax 3.3.3 - January 9th, 2018
- Support for the new nested navigation feature
- Bug fix for "View cart button" setting
- Bug fix for "Image with text" home page section on IE
Parallax 3.3.2 - November 30th, 2017
- Slideshow images are now displayed with JS disabled
- Collection hero image now displays with JS disabled
- Revised responsive image sizes for the product gallery and product thumbnails
- Bug fix for the Image with text section layout on mobile
- Bug fix for the featured video section on mobile
- Support for auto-responsive embedded videos on content pages
- New setting for inventory limit on product form
Parallax 3.3.1 - September 29th, 2017
- Support for a 3-level submenu toggle in the sidebar menu
- Refactored some of the lazy loaded images
- New setting for View Cart button
- Bug fix for search results on mobile
- Bug fix for sidebar link styling and page.banner settings
- Optimized the image loading animation
- Instagram feed fix to display square images
- Bug fix for the mobile logo on Android devices
Parallax 3.3.0 - July 18th, 2017
- Updated the numeric theme settings to use range selectors
- Implemented the lazysizes library for lazy loading responsive images
- New page.details template for creating a layout similar to the home page
- New contact form section for the home page
- Added background-color for Parallax banners
- New richtext terms and conditions setting
- Support for line item properties in the side cart
- New richtext footer settings
- New mobile logo setting
- Updated jQuery to v3.2.1
Parallax 3.2.3 - May 4th, 2017
- Bug fix for Instagram feed in IE
- Bug fix for "enable parallax scrolling" setting
Parallax 3.2.2 - April 28th, 2017
- Home page slideshow and video banner display correctly on mobile
- Product variant URLs work with swatch form style option
Parallax 3.2.1 - April 12th, 2017
- All text settings are now escaped
- Bug fix for HTML5 video section option
- Image banner and dropdown menu fix for tablet devices
Parallax 3.2.0 - April 6th, 2017
- Added flexibility to enable the parallax scrolling effect for each banner image
- New text position and alignment settings for all of the banner images
- Support for validating the product quantity in the side cart
- Newsletter sign up forms support CAPTCHAs for multiple submissions
- New setting for displaying the newsletter popup on mobile
- Support for multiple pages of orders on the account page
Parallax 3.1.4 - February 24th, 2017
- Bug fix for the 'agree to terms' warning on login page
- Instagram title linked to profile on the home page
- Bug fix for the footer background image settings
- Added support for a CAPTCHA check in the back in stock request forms
- Added text settings to the blog newsletter section
- New setting to hide the Cart button
- New setting to display secondary product image on hover
Parallax 3.1.3 - February 17th, 2017
- Fix for jumpy scrolling on mobile
- Revised the styling for the mobile home page slideshow
Parallax 3.1.2 - February 16th, 2017
- Fixed overlapping text with slideshow arrow
- Fix for AJAX newsletter submission
- Fix to share button on product.details template
- Fix for dropdown menus with multiple rows of links
- Added option to crop images in circles to featured promotions
Parallax 3.1.1 - February 14th, 2017
- Bug fix for 1 blog article per row setting
- Bug fix for tablet scrolling
- Default headline font sizes adjusted
Parallax 3.1.0 - February 10th, 2017
- New sidebar settings now use "content blocks", allowing for content to be reordered
- New setting to disable the newsletter form
- Newsletter form now supports Shopify's CAPTCHA challenge
- Additional options for the product.details template
Parallax 3.0.5 - January 24th, 2017
- Bug fix for the Size Chart links
Parallax 3.0.4 - January 24th, 2017
- Bug fix for the customer account layout
Parallax 3.0.3 - January 21st, 2017
- New page.banner template to display a full-width image on a content page
- Bug fix for password page social icons
- Home page gallery mobile layout revised
Parallax 3.0.2 - January 20th, 2017
- Bug fix for the mobile banner images
Parallax 3.0.1 - January 20th, 2017
- Bug fix for enabling both header logo settings
Parallax 3.0.0 - January 18th, 2017
- Added support for Shopify Sections
- Sections enable merchants to add, reorder, and remove homepage content, offering a quick and visual way to set up a store's design
Parallax 2.4.4 - November 17th, 2016
- Minor update to cart page product titles
Parallax 2.4.3 - November 8th, 2016
- Support for the Shopify Reviews app (https://apps.shopify.com/product-reviews)
- Updated the Share button to v1.0.3
- Updated jQuery to v1.12.4
- Blog articles per page setting
- Bug fix for email sharing button
- Bug fix for page.gallery template
Parallax 2.4 - February 2nd, 2016
- Article Images support with new blog layout settings (https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007100028-Setting-Up-Blog-Article-Images)
- Apple Wallet and QR code support on gift card page
- Revised the theme settings for the various home page sections
- Collection page swatches link directly to the product variant
- Instagram feed now supports an official Instagram Access Token
- Chinese translations added
- Support for a second collection in grid on the home page
Parallax 2.3 - September 17, 2015
- New password page template file and settings (https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006909967-Password-Page)
- jQuery updated to 1.11.3
- Flexslider updated to 2.5.0
- skrollr updated to 0.6.30
- Added new light/dark credit card icons with Amazon option
Parallax 2.2 - May 12th, 2015
- New sliding cart position option to open right or bottom of screen
- New 'agree to terms' checkbox option for the cart
- New background image setting for the Newsletter Popup
- Bug fix for collection title setting for banner images
- Setting to disable 'parallax scrolling' effect
- Setting to optionally crop mobile banner images
Parallax 2.1 - April 7th, 2015
- New theme style - Los Angeles - http://parallax-theme-los-angeles.myshopify.com/
- New Color Swatch feature for displaying swatchs on the product and collection page
- New feature to create Pre-Order and Coming Soon (not for sale) products
- New setting to disable "parallax-scrolling" on banner images
- Collection page color swatches will swap product image on hover
- Page of collections template revised to support optional banner image
- Bug fix with home page scroll arrow setting
- Automatically loop banner videos on home page
- New theme setting to darken the home page video section
- AJAX 'back in stock request' form on the product pages
- Google Rich Snippets markup updated to http://schema.org/Product
- Support for a Size Chart on the product page
Parallax 2.0 - January 22nd, 2015
- YouTube, Vimeo, and HTML5 video support for the top home page banner section
- New theme style - Vienna - http://parallax-theme-vienna.myshopify.com/
- 'Back in Stock' request form bug fix for multiple variants
- Bug fix for variant images feature with right column product images
- New headline animation settings for home page banner image
- Bug fix for potential gap below footer
- New theme setting for displaying the vendor on the collection page
- New theme setting for displaying the SKU on the product page
- New menu alignment setting
- Collection page banner image support
- Instagram profile feed supports videos
- Back in stock request form now includes variant title
- Gift card layout revised
- jQuery updated to v1.11.2
Parallax 1.2 - December 11th, 2014
- New theme style - Madrid - http://parallax-theme-madrid.myshopify.com/
- Sliding cart note field fix
Parallax 1.1 - November 26th, 2014
- Support for theme translations (with default languages English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese)
Parallax 1.0 - October 28th, 2014
- Initial release (https://themes.shopify.com/themes/parallax/styles/aspen)