The Responsive release notes list notable changes, improvements, and additions to the theme. Stay up-to-date with the latest release details by referencing this article.
Responsive 9.0.0 - April 3rd, 2023
- Added Section groups.
- Added a new theme setting to customize the "Continue shopping" link on the cart page.
- Updated the Predictive search feature to use the Predictive Search API (https://shopify.dev/docs/api/ajax/reference/predictive-search).
- Updated the Predictive search feature to support Query suggestions.
Responsive 8.3.0 - January 16th, 2023
- Added image focal point support.
How to set focal points for images in five steps
Minimum version required to use Shopify's focal point feature.
- Renamed "Recommended products" to "Related products".
Responsive 8.2.0 - November 10th, 2022
Responsive 8.1.0 - October 19th, 2022
- Added Complementary products block.
Version 8.1.0 required to use Shopify's Complementary Products feature.
Responsive 8.0.1 - February 1st, 2022
- Shopify routes issue has been resolved by updating all window-bound objects that use the
Shopifyobject as the parent.
Responsive 8.0.0 - October 25th, 2021
- We have added support for Shopify's Online Store 2.0 update which includes
- Allowing for sections formerly limited to the home page can now be added to the product page and custom pages.
- Product sections now have the ability to add, remove, and move blocks of content around.
- Product sections can now include app blocks.
- Support for Faceted Filtering on search and collection pages, Shopify's new standardized filter system.
- New Custom Liquid section so you can add custom liquid code to create a custom section.
- Support for showing international tax-inclusive prices.
- Added collection image setting to collection pages.
- Most templates have been updated to use a JSON format instead of Liquid, as per Shopify's requirements.
- The Collection.banner template has been removed and merchants can now add a banner image to a collection page from Shopify's admin.
article.excerpthas been replaced with
article.excerpt_or_content(blogs and articles).
- The Page.banner template has been removed but merchants can now add sections to page templates to achieve a similar result.
Online Store 2.0 Versions
Responsive versions released after and including 8.0.0 (Oct. 25, 2021) are compatible with Online Store 2.0.
Using the Theme Updater App
When updating to OS 2.0 compatible versions, the home page content will need to be rebuilt. Global theme settings will be preserved in the update, but content built in the theme editor, including home page sections, will need to be reconfigured using the new OS 2.0 editor. This is a one-time process that is required to update into the new editor.
Vintage Theme Versions
Responsive theme versions released before 8.0.0 are 'vintage' themes. Vintage theme versions have limited compatibility with the latest Shopify features. Update to the latest version to make use of Online Store 2.0 features.
Responsive 7.3.2 - July 8th, 2021
- Shop Pay Installments banner now displays in supported stores.
- Implemented Local Pickup feature.
- Support for Unit Pricing on products.
- Support for dynamic URLs on the cart page.
- Videos in product gallery will now successfully autoplay/pause.
- Fixed an issue with video content not allowing pausing on Android devices.
- Email will now be prepopulated in the Back-In-Stock modal if the user is signed in.
- Solved an issue with product recommendations not appearing as set in shopify admin.
- Featured collection links now properly redirect to their associated collection.
- Fixed a layout issue with the Product.details template when thumbnail slider is disabled.
- Fixed an issue with the image position setting in the Product.details template.
- Remove button now appears on all products in the cart.
- Quantity selector is now limited to available product inventory.
- Capitalization between Add to Cart and Buy Now buttons now match.
- Fixed an issue with the Map section changing reducing in size on viewport size changes.
- Fixed an issue where social icons caused the logo to not be centered.
- Solved an issue with scrolling search results on mobile devices.
Responsive 7.3.1 - February 3rd, 2021
- Improved theme resource loading including CSS, fonts, and JS.
Responsive 7.2.6 - November 19th, 2020
- Hot Fix to properly display captcha when users submit e-mail to Back in Stock form.
Responsive 7.2.5 - October 29th, 2020
- NEW! Predictive search capabilities. Support for Shopify's predictive search API has been added to the theme. Allows search inquires to auto-complete as customers types them in your shop's search fields. Learn more
- The theme's CSS grid has been converted to a percentage-based grid, for enhanced responsive behavior.
- The "Show secondary product media" setting has been renamed to "Show secondary media on hover".
- Updated Fancybox library.
- Resolved issue with wide display setting not working with slideshow.
- Added info text for gallery arrows setting in product gallery.
Responsive 7.2.4 - July 29th, 2020
- Support for Shopify's built-in "Social sharing image" setting (located in Online Store > Preferences). You can now add a default image to be used for social sharing when another relevant image can't be found. Learn more
- The theme's "Social sharing image" setting (previously found in Theme Settings > Social Media) has been removed in order to support Shopify's built-in option.
- The "Product price alignment" options (under Theme Settings > Product Grid) have been changed to: Below-left, Below-center and Beside.
- Improved lazyloading performance for product gallery images when hover to zoom is enabled.
- Improved functionality of product galley slideshow transition.
- Included missing language translations.
- Resolved issue with mega menu not displaying in mobile menu.
- Improved Quick shop layout so that vertical scrollbar appears depending on height of modal content.
- When no name is linked to a customer account, the logo/login will now properly appear.
- Improved accessibility for product page lightbox images by adding ALT text.
- Currency dropdown is now accessible when announcement bar is displayed.
- When collection sidebar is enabled, pagination links are no longer off center.
- Updated logic to prevent word overflow on pages.
- Resolved issue with link still appearing in mega menu when URL is empty.
- Updated padding around slideshow text on smaller screens.
- Resolved issue with special characters in agree to terms causing issues with cart popup.
- Product videos are no longer cropped in Firefox.
- Can now click on suggested videos embedded within the video iFrame.
Responsive 7.2.3 - July 21st, 2020
- Hot Fix to properly display captcha when merchants sign up for newsletter.
Responsive 7.2.2 - June 26th, 2020
- Linkable image option has been included for the Image with text section.
- A 'Mobile logo' setting has been added to display a separate logo image on small screens.
- Horizontal scrollbar now always visible in mega menu if there is a long menu.
- Logo list images no longer decrease in size when screen size changes.
itemListElementGoogle Structured Data error no longer appears for any page that includes the
- Notification e-mail no longer gets cut of off if quotations are used in product variant titles.
- Resolved issue with 'Add to Cart' button appearing instead of 'Pre-order' on pre-order products
- Top bar no longer remains fixed when sticky setting is unchecked.
- Resolved issue with hidden menu items in third tier of mega menu.
- Updated sale sticker logic.
- Resolved Structured Data errors in Featured product section.
Responsive 7.2.1 - April 22nd, 2020
- NEW! Support for Shopify's native currency selector. This new feature will change the price displayed to customers based on their selection and includes support for native multi-currencies. Learn how to set up the currency selector here.
- NEW! Support for Shopify's multi-language capabilities. A 'Language selector' can now be enabled in your shop's Header and Footer. Learn how to configure multi-languages here.
- Prices for sold out products are now included on products pages beside the 'Sold out' text.
- The ability to tab through drop-down menus has been included to improve accessibility within the theme.
- Updated logic for the 'Show secondary product media' setting. If you have a video added as your second media type, hovering over the thumbnail will play the video.
- Refactored customer account tables in the theme to ensure they collapse on mobile devices.
- Borders now always appear for customer account tables.
- Removed 'Footer background image' setting.
- Replaced select
- Disabled zoom in product gallery on mobile devices to improve scrolling experience (lightbox can be enabled to provide zooming).
- Improved play button logic for video sections.
- Resolved issue with product page images not appearing correctly in IE11.
- Resolved layout issues with the quick shop on certain screen sizes.
- The 'fade' animation can now be applied to the 'Slideshow' section.
- Resolved issue with 'Newsletter popup' not appearing when enabled.
- Updated alignment for Gift card buttons.
- Added style updates to quantity box on Cart page to ensure consistency with the Product page.
- Videos embedded in the product description are now responsive.
- Resolved issue with 'Featured collection' product grid on mobile devices.
Responsive 7.2.0 - February 25th, 2020
- NEW! Support for Shopify's Product Media types such as video, AR and 3D models for product galleries. Read Shopify's full documentation on product media to find out if your shop supports this new feature.
- The 'Show secondary product media' setting (located in Theme Settings > Product Grid) that lets you enable an image swap on hover for product thumbnails has been updated to support video playback on thumbnail hover as well.
- The ability to enable a thumbnail slider for your product page galleries! Located in your product page settings in the Theme Editor, you can now neatly tuck thumbnail images into a slider below the main product image. Learn more
- Integrated InstantPage library for enhanced theme speed! The InstantPage library uses 'page pre-loading', which starts to load the HTML for a page before a user clicks on it. InstantPage ensures that pages are preloaded only when there’s a good chance that a user will visit them.
- The Featured Product section is now available as a content block option in the product.details template.
- 'Enable padding' setting now included for the 'Map' section.
- Rich text field now available for the Agree to terms text on the cart page. Allows for easy linking of the text and a page url (located in Theme Settings > Cart).
- A 'Description position' setting has been added to the Featured Product homepage section. You can now choose to display the description above or below the 'add to cart' button.
- dateModified field has been included for Blog posts to prevent Structured Data errors.
- Replaced Flexslider library with Flickity for better slideshow and product gallery display.
- Refactored video section to use Plyr library for improved functionality including a new mute setting and an option to toggle video controls.
- The 'Show secondary product image' setting has been renamed to 'Show secondary product media'.
- All URLs now include Shopify's new Liquid property to generate dynamic URLs.
- Updated functionality to include Shopify’s linkOptionSelectors function.
- Updated Cookie library to version 2.1.4.
- The deprecated
.lengthliquid filter has been removed from the Featured Collection section code and replaced with the
- Image loading performance is improved on Collection pages.
- Better display of text on mobile banner image sections.
- Removed size chart link from Quick Shop as it should not be present.
- Removed 'Footer' from color setting names.
- Phone number field in the Header now works and connects to calls on mobile devices.
- Quantity box styling has been updated.
- Logo no longer moves up in the Header when the page is loaded.
- 'Continue shopping' link now appears on cart in mobile.
- The 'Text position' setting now works correctly in the Image with Text section.
- Currency converter now works with Recommended Products on product page.
- Video media works properly in the theme editor when multiple Featured Products exist.
Responsive 7.1.6 - February 12th, 2020
- NEW! A 'Custom HTML' section is now available on the homepage, product.details template, and page.details template. Learn more
- The 'Instagram feed' section has been removed due to the deprecation of the Instagram API. Please refer to the following article from our Help Center for more info and recommendations for replacing this feature in your shop.
- The 'Twitter feed' section has been removed due to layout issues when Instagram is not present.
Responsive 7.1.5 - December 9th, 2019
- Text alignment setting now works for Slideshow and Video section.
- Resolved breadcrumb error on collection page.
- ‘Change slides every’ setting now works in Featured Products section.
- Resolved issue with tag filters disappearing from sidebar.
- Prices no longer display as NaN on Collection and Product pages.
- Heading sizes are now consistent across all devices.
- Padding issue is now resolved on Featured Product section.
- Resolved alignment issues with Dynamic Checkout Buttons on Cart page.
- Ensured that dead link menu item (ex. href=#) is not clickable.
- Removed ‘Update Subtotal’ button from cart page.
- Added FAQ Page schema to FAQ template.
- Products that are ‘coming soon’ now have a ‘coming soon’ banner showing in lieu of the price.
- Added transition animation on Mega Menu.
- Resolved issue with Accordion on Product pages.
- Moved social media settings to be section specific in product and blog post pages.
Responsive 7.1.4 - September 19th, 2019
- Integrated multi-currency functionality.
- New ‘enable padding’ setting for Image with Text Overlay and Slideshow sections.
- New Divider content block feature.
- Resolved issue with quantity box numbers disappearing within certain window widths.
- Fixed up widths for input boxes in Newsletter Sign Up Form.
- Letter spacing and capitalization option now works for the Main Menu.
- Proper variant name now appears in the Back in Stock Form.
- Resolved issue with ‘pinning’ Blog Posts in Pinterest.
- Item price no longer displays as NaN in cart popup when currency converter is enabled.
- Deprecated widget settings for Twitter feed.
- Popup is now disabled by default.
- Improved structure data to resolve warnings.
- Updated the max-limit of the Recommended Products section to 10.
- Updated og sharing properties.
- Resolved issue with Video block not appearing in the product.details template when autoplay was enabled.
Responsive 7.1.3 - August 9th, 2019
- All existing wallet buttons on the cart have been replaced with dynamic checkout buttons.
- Designer credits have been removed from the footer.
Responsive 7.1.2 - June 28th, 2019
- Ensured that all Shopify-owned domains have rel=nofollow.
Responsive 7.1.1 - June 12th, 2019
- Automatic discounts now reflect currency changes.
- Removed 'Compare at' price from the cart page.
Responsive 7.1.0 - June 3rd, 2019
- Automatic discounts are now shown earlier in the buying experience.
- Replaced related products with Shopify's recommended products feature. (https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/products/features/recommend-related-products).
- Moved the sidebar on product page template into section (blocks will need to be updated).
- Removed affiliate link from the footer.
Responsive 7.0.6 - April 30th, 2019
- Help links in the Customize theme editor have been moved from the setting label to the setting info.
Responsive 7.0.5 - April 4th, 2019
- Menu styles have been updated.
- Resolved issue with pixels firing twice when products were added to cart.
- Back in stock notification form appears correctly for sold out variants on multi-variant products.
- Unavailable product variants are now crossed out.
- Added first and last name fields to the Newsletter Signup section in the footer.
- Dead links will open submenu when link title is clicked on mobile.
- Contact form is now centred when no image is uploaded in the contact template.
- Agree to Terms settings have been condensed to one global setting.
- Google Plus social icons have been removed.
- Adjusted margin below heading on the FAQ template.
- Removed white space that occurs if slideshow sections are placed above one another on the Homepage.
Responsive 7.0.4 - February 4th, 2019
- Updates have been made to the Back In Stock notification form, including linking the appropriate variant with the form so that the e-mail notification reflects this.
- New favicon image sizes added to improve bookmark appearance in Safari.
- Dynamic checkout button no longer causes extra whitespace in footer.
- Fixed issue with ATC button 'jumping' when accordion drop-downs are clicked.
- The border in the divider section of the page.details template is now functioning.
- Resolved issue with contact form on mobile devices.
- Inventory remaining will only display when products have 5-10 items left.
- Currencies now support an apostrophe separator (requested for RUB).
- Fixed alignment issues with Google Pay button.
Responsive 7.0.3 - December 17th, 2018
- Enable dynamic payment buttons by default.
- Update spam checking for Out of Stock notifications to catch more bots.
Responsive 7.0.2 - November 15th, 2018
- 'Wide Display' setting added to Video sections, to enable/disable a full width video, for further layout flexibility.
- Footer newsletter signup text settings improved to no longer use 'Edit Languages'.
- Drop-down navigation menu has been improved for touch screen devices.
- Conflict with iOS12 and CloudZoom has been resolved, allowing thumbnails to appear as expected on iOS12.
- Main logo on mobile device layout is now centered.
- Image with Text spacing has been improved.
- A conflict that resulted in Shipping Calculator issues when customers are logged-in has been resolved.
- Mobile menu spacing has been improved.
- The special product template, product.details, has been improved (image with text block now appears before saving, wide display settings now apply as expected, related products/featured collection conflict has been resolved).
- Spacing/layout of Image with Text sections and Featured Product sections has been made consistent.
- Product Form issue with sale products (where the Add to Cart button and quantity selector would not appear) has been resolved.
Responsive 7.0.1 - September 25th, 2018
- Update for mega menu to support more than one mega menu block.
- Adjustment for sticky top bar in header to position fixed.
Responsive 7.0.0 - September 19th, 2018
- New style update for New York preset (https://responsive-theme-new-york.myshopify.com/).
- New style update for Paris preset (https://responsive-theme-paris.myshopify.com/).
- New style update for London preset (https://responsive-theme-london.myshopify.com/).
- New style update for San Francisco preset (https://responsive-theme-san-francisco.myshopify.com/).
- New mega menu functionality featuring columns and scrolling (https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008536533).
- Added a brand new FAQ page template featuring FAQ headings for grouping, FAQ image and banner image (https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008397574).
- Tweaks and updates to the layout for greater consistency with spacing.
- Introduced new option for social media icons without border.
- Subtle hover animations on links with arrow icon.
- New `Featured product` block on page.details template.
- New `Featured promotions`block on page.details template.
- Layout and styling improvements to the newsletter popup modal.
- New styling for quantity box on product page to improve user experience.
- Adjustment for sticky and announcement bar spacing.
- Improvement to prevent currency converter being cut off in header.
- Update footer background image to use responsive image for better performance.
- Improve Collection title alignment to follow product price alignment.
- Edit references to dropdown to drop-down for Shopify guide.
- Update google schema data to include itemCondition.
- Improved Back in Stock form to only show for sold out products (not including unavailable variants).
Responsive 6.5.3 - August 2nd, 2018
- New fade effect for blog post excerpt truncation (no longer strips html tags).
- Bug fix to prevent scrolling to top when clicking cart or tab elements.
- Bug fix for image gallery on product page to hide directional arrows when there is only a single video.
- Bug fix for collection page quick shop back in stock form not removing message after Captcha has been submitted.
- Bug fix for 'Paris' preset in settings_data.json file that had older Helvetica value which caused error message.
- Bug fix for parent navigation items with a '#' value reloading the page on click.
- Bug fix for mobile menus requiring a double tap.
Responsive 6.5.2 - July 3rd, 2018
- Update payment icons to svg and to prevent broken payment icon links.
Responsive 6.5.1 - June 26th, 2018
- New offset for anchor links on pages to prevent header overlap.
- Bug fix for page.details 'Image with text' wide display not applying.
- Bug fix for gallery template alt text not appearing (addresses all scenarios).
- Bug fix for sticky header loading on initial page scroll.
- Bug fix for product.details template layout overlap.
- Update autoplay settings to warn that feature is not supported on all browsers.
Responsive 6.5.0 - June 1st, 2018
- New font picker settings introduced (https://help.shopify.com/themes/development/theme-editor/settings-schema#font-picker).
- An extensive, standardized list of typeface options is now available, with previews of the typeface visible within the 'Customize' settings editor.
- This update requires that typography settings are reconfigured using the new typeface options (Admin > Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Typography).
- Bug fix for dropdown menu to detect and correct offscreen display.
Responsive 6.4.3 - May 14th, 2018
- New size limit for blog post excerpts.
- Bug fix for longer announcement message covering close icon.
- Bug fix for product name layout in cart popup on mobile devices.
- Bug fix for 'Add to cart' confirmation popup not appearing if product image was not uploaded.
- Bug fix for removing link on testimonial section title.
- Bug fix to prevent page reload on nested nav items with empty anchor link.
- Bug fix for border color on header dropdown menu.
- Bug fix for sale price styling on variant change.
- Update jQuery to latest version - 3.3.1.
Responsive 6.4.2 - April 10th, 2018
- New breakpoints to support larger tablet devices.
- New improved styling for right-aligned price layout on collection thumbnails.
- New settings for homepage Image with text section to match page.details block.
- Bug fix for Image with text overlay section caption padding.
- Bug fix for top bar sticky issue.
- Bug fix for password page background color not applying.
- Bug fix for page.gallery template to ensure alt text is being included.
- Bug fix for product.details template where autoplay video was not playing.
- Bug fix for collection page filter to ensure filtering works with pagination.
- Bug fix to remove max-height on product page image to prevent image distortion on tall images.
- Update details pages to use `include` snippet to sync all the section/blocks for consistency.
Responsive 6.4.1 - April 3rd, 2018
- New setting to support dynamic payment buttons (https://help.shopify.com/manual/using-themes/change-the-layout/dynamic-checkout).
Responsive 6.4.0 - February 23rd, 2018
- Updates related to mandatory Section Parity requirements from Shopify.
- Update map section with new settings and color schemes.
- New newsletter section for the home page.
- Updates to Rich text layout.
- "Featured products" section changed to "Featured product" and no longer uses blocks.
- Revise announcement link placement and add ability to dismiss.
- Bug fix for color swatch variant issue on slower connections.
Responsive 6.3.3 - January 22nd, 2018
- Fix for Instagram API updates.
- Add support for Tunisian Dinars.
- Bug fix for large cart page images.
- Bug fix for theme style selection.
- Bug fix for "Compare at" prices.
- Bug fix for placeholder SVGs on IE11+.
- Update password page to use settings.
- Bug fix for video extra space on home page and page.details.
Responsive 6.3.2 - January 9th, 2018
- Support for the new nested navigation feature.
- Bug fix overlapping New and Sale banners.
Responsive 6.3.1 - December 7th, 2017
- Bug fix for home page featured video placeholder image.
Responsive 6.3.0 - December 1st, 2017
- New page.details template for a layout similar to the home page.
- Revised responsive image sizes for the product gallery and product thumbnails.
- Slideshow images are now displayed with JS disabled.
- New setting for inventory limit on product form.
- Support for auto-responsive embedded videos on content pages.
- Fix for non-square Instagram videos.
Responsive 6.2.2 - October 6th, 2017
- Increased the action button size on the home page.
Responsive 6.2.1 - September 28th, 2017
- Support for a 3-level submenu toggle in the sidebar menu.
- New page.banner template.
- Redesigned page.contact template.
- Bug fix for the featured collection limit on the home page.
- Bug fix for "free" products with multiple variants.
- Bug fix for the SKU on the product.description-bottom template.
- Instagram feed fix to display square images.
- Upgrade to jQuery v3.2.1.
Responsive 6.2.0 - July 17th, 2017
- Updated the numeric theme settings to use range selectors.
- Bug fix for the sub-collection title and count settings.
- New richtext setting for footer.
- Revised the testimonial section styling.
Responsive 6.1.9 - May 4th, 2017
- Bug fix for Instagram feed in IE.
Responsive 6.1.8 - April 28th, 2017
- New collection.sub-collection settings for the collection title and product count.
- Product variant URLs work with swatch form style option.
Responsive 6.1.7 - April 12th, 2017
- Compatibility fix for the Theme Updater app.
Responsive 6.1.6 - April 12th, 2017
- All text settings are now escaped.
- Bug fix for HTML5 video section option.
- Enlarged product galleries with no thumbnails.
- Added translations for account address forms.
- Enabled dropdown menus for tablet devices.
Responsive 6.1.5 - March 31st, 2017
- Newsletter sign up forms support CAPTCHAs for multiple submissions.
- Support for multiple pages of orders on the account page.
- New setting for displaying the newsletter popup on mobile.
Responsive 6.1.4 - March 7th, 2017
- New sidebar support on the product and search page.
- Bug fix for sidebar toggle on mobile.
- Close button position revised in popups.
Responsive 6.1.3 - February 27th, 2017
- Minor revision to Instagram feed.
Responsive 6.1.2 - February 24th, 2017
- Instagram title linked to profile on the home page.
- Added support for a CAPTCHA check in the back in stock request forms.
- Revised Quick Shop close button position.
Responsive 6.1.1 - February 16th, 2017
- Fixed overlapping text with slideshow arrow.
- Fix for AJAX newsletter submission.
- Fix for home page testimonial links.
- Fix for small article page banner images.
Responsive 6.1.0 - February 14th, 2017
- New sidebar settings now use "content blocks", allowing for content to be reordered.
- New setting to disable the newsletter form.
- Newsletter form now supports Shopify's CAPTCHA challenge.
- Additional options for the product.details template - http://support.outofthesandbox.com/customer/portal/articles/2719070.
- Mobile cart notification layout update.
- Bug fix for "agree to terms" checkbox on Safari.
- Additional font settings for the Typography section.
Responsive 6.0.5 - January 21st, 2017
- New home page testimonial section.
- New home page logo list section.
- Updated the page.sidebar template to use sections.
- Bug fix for displaying product types in the sidebar.
- Bug fix for ALT text on gallery section.
- New product.details template for additional product page content.
Responsive 6.0.4 - January 11th, 2017
- Improved upgrade support for the Theme Updater app.
- Bug fix for currency conversion in the Add to Cart popup.
Responsive 6.0.3 - January 9th, 2017
- Bug fix for product form error message.
Responsive 6.0.2 - January 6th, 2017
- General compatibility improvements for the Theme Editor.
Responsive 6.0.1 - December 16th, 2016
- Bug fix for home page HTML5 video banner.
Responsive 6.0.0 - December 15th, 2016
- Added support for Shopify Sections.
- Sections enable merchants to add, reorder, and remove homepage content, offering a quick and visual way to set up a store's design.
Responsive 5.2 - July 22, 2016
- New "featured promotions" section on the home page with support for up to 8 promos.
- Newsletter section for settings related to the newsletter, including a new first and last name field.
- Updated jQuery to v1.12.4.
- Updated Flexslider library to 2.6.1.
- Support for the Shopify Reviews app (https://apps.shopify.com/product-reviews).
- New theme setting to choose the product page gallery thumbnail position (left/bottom/right).
- Ability to re-order any home page section, including the slideshow.
- Mobile currency converter moved into the mobile menu.
- Blog articles per page setting.
- New page.narrow template.
- New full-width video banner section on the home page.
- Ability to have a unique size chart on each product page (https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006910487-Display-a-Size-Chart-on-the-Product-Page).
Responsive 5.1 - January 12, 2016
- Article Images support with new blog layout settings (https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007100028-Setting-Up-Blog-Article-Images).
- Apple Wallet support on gift card page.
- Collection page swatches link directly to the product variant.
- Instagram feed now supports an official Instagram Access Token.
- Ability to re-order the various home page sections.
- Chinese translations added.
Responsive 5.0 - October 1, 2015
- Widescreen layout.
- AJAX 'add to cart' support.
- Support for 3 banner images on the home page.
- Support for 4 home page content sections.
- Support for 2 featured home page collections.
- New logo display width setting.
- Added mobile lightbox of product page images.
- Added product page SKU setting.
- Support for a Size Chart on the product page.
- New background image setting for the Newsletter Popup.
- Ability to feature full products on the home page.
- AJAX 'back in stock request' form, also includes the product variant name.
- Google Rich Snippets markup updated to http://schema.org/Product.
- New Color Swatch feature for displaying swatches on the product and collection page.
- New 'agree to terms' checkbox option for the cart.
- Stylesheet change to styles.scss.liquid extension.
- Instagram profile feed now supports video.
- Revised Google Font options.
- New social sharing buttons.
- Gift card layout revised.
- Added new light/dark credit card icons with Amazon option.
- New Google Map support on the contact page.
- New password page template file and settings (http://support.outofthesandbox.com/customer/portal/articles/2114099-password-page).
Responsive 4.4 - November 3rd, 2014
- Support for theme translations (with default languages English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese).
- Instagram widget updated to support user profile images.
- The Fancy button changed to Polyvore.
- Bug fix for tabs in Quick View.
Responsive 4.3 - July 23rd, 2014
- Official support for associating images with variants.
- Collection page sorting.
- Facebook Open Graph support for videos.
- jQuery updated to v1.11.1.
- jQuery zoom library updated to v1.7.13.
- jQuery Selector library removed.
- jQuery Lazy Load 1.9.3 added.
- Form styles updated.
- Footer treatment updated with horizontal and vertical menu.
- New checkout page styling.
- New Blog tags setting.
- Newsletter 'thank you' text setting.
- Secondary product image setting for collection page.
- Revised title tags.
- Setting to display full product description in quick shop.
Responsive 4.2 - March 11th, 2014
- Currency Converter.
- Newsletter Popup feature.
- Instagram feed on homepage.
- Inventory remaining optionally displayed.
- New "Add to Cart" text setting.
- Add next/previous meta tags for products in a collection.
- Support for two product columns on the mobile layout.
- New Bitcoin icon, all credit card icons updated.
- Setting to limit search results to products.
- Facebook meta info updated.
- Pinterest and Fancy social button image URLs updated.
- Blog article comments pagination added.
- New Footer layout treatment.
- New London default font settings.
- Support for split product descriptions.
- New image gallery thumbnails on product page.
- jQuery updated to v1.11.0.
- Zoom library upgraded to v1.7.12.
- FancyBox library upgraded to v2.1.5.
- Updated Facebook Open Graph and Twitter Card meta tags.
- New mobile menu using slicknav library.
Responsive 4.1 - October 2nd, 2013
- New Twitter Feed styles.
- Sidebar sub-menu support.
- Additional sidebar menu support.
Responsive 4.0.2 - August 11th, 2013
- Fixed an issue with the search results.
Responsive 4.0.1 - July 3rd, 2013
- Asynchronous loading of Facebook and Twitter widgets.
Responsive 4.0 - June 20th, 2013
- Collection sidebar support.
- Enhanced product and blog search results.
- Setting for collection product price position.
Responsive 3.4.1 - May 29th, 2013
- Pinterest Rich Pins support (http://developers.pinterest.com/rich_pins/).
Responsive 3.4 - May 8th, 2013
- Increased zoom image size to 'master'.
- Fixed cart remove link.
- Updated jquery.cart.min.js library.
- Added new product and page templates.
- Checkout template styling revised.
Responsive 3.3 - April 8th, 2013
- New Twitter Embedded tweets.
- Bug fix for video slideshow.
Responsive 3.2 - March 26th, 2013
- jQuery updated to 1.8.3.
- Video support for the home page slider and product page.
- Back in Stock Request form.
- Custom 'Related Items' text.
- Custom 'Sold Out' text.
- Fixed Top Bar setting.
Responsive 3.1.1 - Feb 18th, 2013
- Facebook og:type added.
- HTML5 Facebook button.
Responsive 3.1 - Jan 15th, 2013
- Cart redirect setting.
- Related Product collections feature.
- Previous/Next link bug fixed for over 50 products.
- Twitter Card Support.
Responsive 3.0 - November 26th, 2012
- New Style - Paris (http://themes.shopify.com/themes/responsive/styles/paris).
- Bug fixes to image zoom feature.
- New 'featured content' setting.
- Three columns updated in footer.
- Background color setting of secondary button.
- Typography settings for light fonts.
- Top Bar settings for shadows and borders.
- New meta descriptions.