Open the Themes page of Theme Updater Plus to access your Theme Backups.
What actions generate backups for your themes?
There are two key events that trigger automatic backups for your themes:
- Upload or install a new theme in your Online Store
- Publish (or unpublish) a theme
What can I do to get more backups?
Due to limitations with the API, changes made in the theme editor will not trigger automatic backups.
We recommend the following workflow to ensure you have the backups you need when making changes:
- Make a copy of the published theme
[⋯] > Duplicate
- Adjust the unpublished duplicate
- "Publish" the duplicate with the new edits
By following this workflow, Vault generates a backup for both themes. The theme without the new changes is backed up when unpublished, while the new theme with the changes is backed up when published.