Register your theme to unlock the latest release of your compatible theme, activate your support services, and more.
Register using Theme Updater
Use our app Theme Updater to register your theme.
- To get started, add Theme Updater to your store.
- Open the app, then Themes.
- Click the Unregistered tab.
- Locate your theme, then select Register to open the registration form.
- Complete the registration form by providing your store email.
- Click Register. Once your email has been validated and registered successfully, your theme will have a Linked label added and moved to the Registered tab.
Register using the quick form
Open this brief form to register your Out of the Sandbox or Pixel Union theme.
Add your Email, Order number, and Shopify domain, then select your Theme.
- Add the email provided when purchasing the theme.
- Enter the order number listed on your order confirmation/theme receipt.
- Enter your Shopify domain.
- Use the Theme dropdown to select your theme.
- Click Register.
A success message will appear and an email confirmation will arrive in your inbox shortly.
Common licensing issues
If you have closed one store but opened another with the same theme, registration may be declined. To have the theme license transferred to your new store, contact Shopify Support.
To complete this transfer, Shopify often refunds the original purchase price to cover the cost of the new theme license. If there is a difference between the original price and the current Theme Store price, this would need to be addressed by the merchant.
Agencies and developers often choose our themes for their clients. This usually means they made the license purchase on their client's behalf. If this is the case for your theme, contact the agency or developer to provide the following information:
- Email address used to purchase the theme license
- Copy of invoice or receipt
Per our terms and conditions, if you close your original store and open a new one, you may use your theme on the new store as long as you are still the owner and the theme is deleted completely from your closed store.