Please note that, per our affiliate program terms and conditions, we are unable to credit affiliate accounts for improperly tracked sales. If a sale is not appearing in your dashboard, it was not properly tracked.
Please do not contact support with questions about payment statuses until at least 90 days after the end of the first full complete month of meeting our $100 minimum payout.
Thank you for your interest in the Out of the Sandbox affiliate program. Please note that, in order for our affiliate program to remain viable, we provided limited support for affiliate questions as many of the program is automated.
Instead of submitting a ticket or help request, we ask that you carefully review the questions here and the affiliate program terms and conditions.
Thank you for understanding and helping to continue to make it possible for us to pay some of the highest commission rates in the industry by reviewing our self help resources below.
Why wasn't I credited for a purchase?
There are a variety of reasons referrals may not be tracked properly:
- The purchaser did not use your referral link.
- The purchaser used an incomplete or incorrect version of your referral link.
- The purchaser followed another affiliate's referral link after using yours.
- The purchaser followed your link but then entered the Out of the Sandbox site through another marketing channel, which may take precedence over your referral.
- The purchaser has disabled or cleared browser cookies (this is common with European customers).
- The purchaser waited more than 30 days to make a purchase since originally clicking the link.
- The purchaser's browser configuration, namely ad blockers or other features or settings that block tracking, may be preventing proper tracking. This is the most common reason for tracking issues and neither Out of the Sandbox or you have any control over this.
- The purchaser was sent directly to the checkout process using a cart permalink.
- There may be a delay in reporting or tracking that is preventing your valid sale from appearing.
We encourage all affiliates to review tracked commissions on a regular basis so you are aware of any issues before referring additional sales.
How long does it take for my referral to show?
In most cases, referrals appear within a 30 minutes, but some factors can cause it to take 24-72 additional hours to appear.
If you are not seeing a sale after 72 hours, please see the section above about possible reasons it may not have been tracked properly. Unfortunately, Out of the Sandbox support is unable to investigate why conversions are not tracked properly and any email requests for this will not receive a response.
Please note that conversions may be listed as "pending" for 30-60 days until they are verified by our accounting team.
What steps can I take to make sure my referral is tracked?
- Be sure your customer or client is using a browser that does not block any tracking features (including the setting that sends a "do not track" request to servers).
- Specifically, any users blocking cookies or tracking from the domains outofthesandbox.refersion.com and refersion.com will not track properly.
- In some cases, using the "private browsing" or "incognito" feature of your browser with ad and tracking blocking features disabled can help.
- Avoid excessive testing of your referral link. A prominent spike in clicks can cause our system's fraud detection systems to activate.
- Double check that you provided the correct and full referral link to your referrals. Sometimes a character or two may get cut off or changed, which will result in improperly tracked sales.
- If you are sending the referral link via email, some email programs may add spaces, periods or other characters to your URL, which can cause a malformed link that cannot be tracked. To avoid this, we suggest copying your referral URL on to its own line in an email without any periods, spaces or other punctuation after it.
- Do not send customers directly to a pre-filled cart using "cart permalinks." Due to some technical limitations, these sales cannot be properly tracked.
- In some cases, purchasers may close or navigate away from our order confirmation page without allowing it to completely load and, hence, the sale is not properly tracked.
- If a customer requests and is issues a refund for any theme purchase, the commission will be voided.
- Finally, you may want to consider making the purchase on behalf of your customer. Please note that you must enter your customer's name, email address, billing address and other contact information (not yours) for the theme to be properly licensed. However, you will need to verify that your own browser is free from any settings that may interfere with tracking.
Can you give me credit for a purchase that was not tracked?
As outlined in our affiliate program terms and conditions, we cannot retroactively credit affiliates for purchases that are not properly tracked, even in cases where the referral instructions were followed.
In select cases, and subject to approval, Out of the Sandbox may offer a one time exception to this policy if the affiliate provides the name, email, shop URL, order number and order total for the referred purchase.
After this information is received, Out of the Sandbox will review it and may take additional steps or request additional information to verify the purchase before determining if the affiliate is eligible for a one time courtesy credit.
However, once an affiliate has been given a courtesy credit once, he or she is not eligible for additional courtesy credits. Due to standard accounting regulations, there can be no exceptions made to this rule.
Why can't you provide credits for referrals not tracked properly?
While we understand it is frustrating that conversions are sometimes not tracked, please keep in mind that, we cannot provide credits for purchases that are not tracked properly, namely because, in order to be fair to all affiliates and ensure the viability of the program, we rely on our referral tracking system as "proof of referral" to link you and the purchaser directly.
Unfortunately, the fact that a purchase was timestamped after your referral click is not sufficient and we cannot issue credits simply based on this evidence.
We also cannot accept screenshots of conversations where you suggest the theme to a client because there are ultimately other ways the client may have purchased the theme.
If you continue have issues with using our tracking system, please see the last section of this page for an alternative option.
When considering missed commissions that affect your account balance, we encourage you to keep these points in mind:
- In most cases, commission payments on a single theme are less than than $30 or $50, depending on any special offers.
- When requesting us to process retroactive credits for missed commissions, consider the value of both your time and ours compared to the potential commission.
- Your time as a business owner is valuable and processing one time courtesy retroactive credits also uses valuable resources at Out of the Sandbox that detract from the time and resources we have to provide technical support, develop themes and more.
- Repeated emails back and forth that simply reaffirm our policies also consume a considerable amount of both your time and ours.
Is there a minimum amount required to receive payment?
Yes. We require a minimum of $100 for a payment to be issued. If your account has a balance of less than $100, the balance will be carried over until each month until the minimum of $100 is reached. We are unable to make exceptions to this policy.
Also, please note that if you have not entered a valid PayPal email address in the affiliate dashboard, payments will not be issued until one is provided and the $100 minimum is met.
Please note that, in most cases, this minimum threshold will require at least two theme sales, but this can vary depending on which themes are purchased and if any discounts are used.
When will I receive my payment?
Once your referrals have been approved for payment and you meet the $100 minimum threshold, your payment will be issued during the first part of the first complete month following meeting both of these requirements.
Note: As of Sept. 28, 2018, we have increased our minimum payout to $100 in order to make our program more efficient to run and maintain our affiliate commission rate.
Not all referrals are approved immediately and some may be subject to additional review or reversal, which can affect when or if you receive payment.
Referrals for Turbo purchases may take an additional 2-3 weeks to be approved due to the money-back guarantee. Any Turbo purchases that are refunded will no longer be eligible for commission.
Please note this may mean, depending on when your referral is received or approved or when you reach the minimum threshold, it can take 30 to 90 calendar days for your payment to be issued.
The exact date payments are issued may vary from month to month. Payments are generally not processed on weekends or Canadian or U.S. holidays.
Once payments are issued, the funds will be made available per PayPal's policies. Please note that PayPal may, at its discretion place limits or delays on fund availability. Out of the Sandbox has no control over these policies.
Please do not contact Out of the Sandbox asking for the status of payments. Our system is highly automated and will issue payments automatically when you become eligible. All of the information our support team has access to is available on your affiliate dashboard.
How do I receive my commission payments?
Commissions are issued exclusively via PayPal, which requires each affiliate to have a valid PayPal account. We do not offer affiliate payments via check, money order, store credit, bank transfer, Bitcoin or any other form.
If you do not have a PayPal account or are not eligible for one, then unfortunately you cannot receive commissions from our affiliate program. Please note that our system may continue to track your conversions and list a balance due, but this balance cannot be issued without a valid PayPal account and will be withheld until one is linked.
We will, in most cases, retain any commissions until a valid PayPal account is linked, but reserve the right to cancel outstanding payments without a PayPal account.
Why have I haven't received payment yet?
Please note it can take 30-90 days from the date of an eligible sale for payments to be approved and processed, subject to the $100 minimum outlined above.
When you are eligible to receive payment, you will receive a confirmation email of a pending payment. Please allow 1-5 business days after this email for payments to be processed and released.
In some cases, it make take anywhere from a few minutes to 24-48 hours for this payment to appear in your account.
Please note that your account may be subject to additional processing time or delays based on PayPal's policies and terms and conditions. Out of the Sandbox has no control over these delays, so please contact PayPal support for questions about payments that have been received but cannot be processed.
Finally, it is also possible that your email address is incorrect in our system. Please login to your affiliate dashboard to verify we have the correct PayPal email address. You should double check that it is free from typographical errors.
In the event payment is issued to an email address that does not exist as a PayPal account, Out of the Sandbox will generally receive the funds back from PayPal and return them to the affiliate account balance.
If payment is issued to a valid PayPal account not associated with an affiliate, the commission payment is forfeited and it is the affiliate's responsibility to correct the email address on file.
Can customers use discounts?
Purchasers can use any discount codes that they are eligible for, subject to our terms and conditions. However, please note that final commission calculations are based on the order total after any discounts have been taken, so the use of discount codes will affect your commission amount slightly.
Why is my referral showing as 'ineligible'?
Our system uses a variety of factors to determine if a referral is ineligible for commission payment. Unfortunately, if a referral is determined to be ineligible, we are unable to reverse this or pay commission on these sales.
To avoid having sales marked as ineligible, please be sure you are only using the link to send legitimate referrals to our site.
I didn't get my commission
While we are sorry that your commission was not tracked, we are unable to offer retroactive credits except as a one time courtesy as outlined above. We encourage you to continue sending traffic to our site and we will, as long as you remain eligible for the program, track clicks and purchases whenever possible.
I keep having issues getting credited for sales. What alternatives are there to the affiliate program?
If you have repeated issues with conversions being improperly tracked and you are creating Shopify stores for clients, you may want to consider "marking up" the cost of the theme via the professional fees you charge your clients.
Although this does increase the costs that are you charging, you can bundle the sale as an "all in one" bundle and often can result in you making more than our current commission rates.
Finally, for higher volume affiliates, Out of the Sandbox is testing several alternative methods. If you are interested in one of these, please contact us to request more details.
Should I invoice Out of the Sandbox for my commissions?
No. Out of the Sandbox does not accept invoices for affiliate commission due and respectively requests that you do not issue them. As per our terms and conditions, all affiliate referral funds are subject to final approval and payment schedule by Out of the Sandbox and as such cannot be considered "due" to any affiliate by a specific deadline.
Any invoices sent for affiliate payments will be ignored, but you will receive payment as per our normal schedule and policies outlined above.
Affiliates that repeatedly ignore this policy may be disqualified from the program and funds withheld.