Please note that, per our affiliate program terms and conditions, we are unable to credit affiliate accounts for improperly tracked sales.
Why wasn't I credited for a purchase?
There are a variety of reasons referrals may not be tracked properly:
- The purchaser used the same email address associated with your affiliate account or you purchased the theme on behalf of a client. Please note that, in order for your client's license to be valid, the theme must be purchased on their email.
- The purchaser did not use your referral link.
- The purchaser used an incomplete or incorrect version of your referral link.
- The purchaser followed another affiliate's referral link after using yours.
- The purchaser followed your link but then entered the Out of the Sandbox site through another marketing channel, which may take precedence over your referral.
- The purchaser has disabled or cleared browser cookies (this is common with European customers).
- The purchaser waited more than 30 days to make a purchase since originally clicking the link.
- The purchaser's browser configuration, namely ad blockers or other features or settings that block tracking, may be preventing proper tracking.
- The purchaser was sent directly to the checkout process using a cart permalink.
- There may be a delay in reporting or tracking that is preventing your valid sale from appearing.
How long does it take for my referral to show?
In most cases, referrals appear within a 15-30 minutes, but some factors can cause it to take 24-72 additional hours to appear.
If you are not seeing a sale after 72 hours, please see the section above about possible reasons it may not have been tracked properly.
What steps can I take to make sure my referral is tracked?
- Do not use the same email address associated with your affiliate account to make purchases. These will automatically be marked as invalid by our system. If you are purchasing a theme on behalf of a client, the email address should be theirs, not yours per our licensing terms and conditions.
- Be sure your customer or client is using a browser that does not block any tracking features (including the setting that sends a "do not track" request to servers).
- Specifically, any users blocking cookies or tracking from the domains outofthesandbox.refersion.com and refersion.com will not track properly.
- In some cases, using the "private browsing" or "incognito" feature of your browser with ad and tracking blocking features disabled can help.
- Avoid excessive testing of your referral link. A prominent spike in clicks can cause our system's fraud detection systems to activate.
- Double check that you provided the correct and full referral link to your referrals. Sometimes a character or two may get cut off or changed, which will result in improperly tracked sales.
- If you are sending the referral link via email, some email programs may add spaces, periods or other characters to your URL, which can cause a malformed link that cannot be tracked. To avoid this, we suggest copying your referral URL on to its own line in an email without any periods, spaces or other punctuation after it.
- Do not send customers directly to a pre-filled cart using "cart permalinks." Due to some technical limitations, these sales cannot be properly tracked.
- In some cases, purchasers may close or navigate away from our order confirmation page without allowing it to completely load and, hence, the sale is not properly tracked.
- Finally, you may want to consider making the purchase on behalf of your customer. Please note that you must enter your customer's name, email address, billing address and other contact information (not yours) for the theme to be properly licensed. Also, please be sure that your browser is free from any settings that may interfere with tracking.
Can you give me credit for a purchase that was not tracked?
As outlined in our affiliate program terms and conditions, we cannot retroactively credit affiliates for purchases that are not properly tracked, even in cases where the referral instructions were followed.
In select cases, and subject to approval, Out of the Sandbox may offer a one time exception to this policy if the affiliate provides the name, email, shop URL and order number for the referred purchase.
After this information is received, Out of the Sandbox will review it and may take additional steps or request additional information to verify the purchase before determining if the affiliate is eligible for a one time courtesy credit.
However, once an affiliate has been given a courtesy credit once, he or she is not eligible for additional courtesy credits.
Why can't you provide credits for referrals not tracked properly?
While we understand it is frustrating that conversions are sometimes not tracked, please keep in mind that, we cannot provide credits for purchases that are not tracked properly, namely because, in order to be fair to all affiliates and ensure the viability of the program, we rely on our referral tracking system as "proof of referral" to link you and the purchaser directly.
Unfortunately, the fact that a purchase was timestamped after your referral click or other action is not sufficient and we cannot issue credits simply based on this evidence.
If you continue have issues with using our tracking system, please see the last section of this page for an alternative.
Is there a minimum amount required to receive payment?
Yes. We require a minimum of $50 for a payment to be issued. If your account has a balance of less than $50, the balance will be carried over until each month until the minimum of $50 is reached. We are unable to make exceptions to this policy.
Also, please note that if you have not entered a valid PayPal email address in the affiliate dashboard, payments will not be issued until one is provided and the $50 minimum is met.
Please note that, in most cases, this minimum threshold will require at least two theme sales, but this can vary depending on which themes are purchased and if any discounts are used.
How do I receive my commission payments?
Commissions are issued exclusively via PayPal, which requires each affiliate to have a valid PayPal account. We do not offer affiliate payments via check, money order, store credit, bank transfer, Bitcoin or any other form.
I received an email saying payment is on its way, but I haven't received it yet
At the end of each month you are eligible to receive payment, you will receive a confirmation email of a pending payment. Please allow 1-5 business days after this email for payments to be processed and released.
In some cases, it make take anywhere from a few minutes to 24-48 hours for this payment to appear in your account.
Please note that your account may be subject to additional processing time or delays based on PayPal's policies and terms and conditions. Out of the Sandbox has no control over these delays, so please contact PayPal support for questions about payments that have been received but cannot be processed.
Can customers use discounts?
Purchasers can use any discount codes that they are eligible for, subject to our terms and conditions. However, please note that final commission calculations are based on the order total after any discounts have been taken, so the use of discount codes will affect your commission amount slightly.
Why is my referral showing as 'ineligible'?
Our system uses a variety of factors to determine if a referral is ineligible for commission payment. Unfortunately, if a referral is determined to be ineligible, we are unable to reverse this or pay commission on these sales.
To avoid having sales marked as ineligible, please be sure you are only using the link to send legitimate referrals to our site.
I didn't get my commission
While we are sorry that your commission was not tracked, we are unable to offer retroactive credits except as a one time courtesy as outlined above. We encourage you to continue sending traffic to our site and we will, as long as you remain eligible for the program, track clicks and purchases whenever possible.
I keep having issues getting credited for sales. What alternatives are there to the affiliate program?
If you have repeated issues with conversions being improperly tracked and you are creating Shopify stores for clients, you may want to consider "marking up" the cost of the theme via the professional fees you charge your clients.
Although this does increase the costs that are you charging, you can bundle the sale as an "all in one" bundle.