- If your marketing efforts require detailed tracking of page visits, we recommend changing your store to "Sport" mode under Sales Channels > Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings tab > Performance. However, please note that Facebook Pixel event tracking can be quite difficult to troubleshoot and you may continue to have issues even in Sport mode.
- Please note that some configurations of Turbo may cause multiple pixel activations.
- You should always test your Facebook Pixel integration using the Pixel Helper provided by Facebook.
- Facebook Pixel implementation and troubleshooting is not supported by Out of the Sandbox and stores with advanced tracking requirements may need to hire a developer.
- In some cases, third party apps may add additional Facebook Pixels or cause errors with your pixel, particularly ones that involve functionality connected to the event you are trying to track. To resolve or remove these, contact the app developers.
Tracking the 'AddToCart'
Basic support for "AddToCart" is unofficially supported when using all cart options, including mini cart. However, the mini cart may result in "double firing" pixels.
Tracking the cart page
If tracking when users add an item to your cart is not working with the mini cart in your store, you may need to change to the "page" cart type or switch your store to "Sport" mode.
- To set this option, head into Sales Channels > Online Store > Themes > Customize (indigo button) > Theme Settings tab > Cart).
- Then, create a custom audience in your Facebook account using a URL pattern to place users who have visited URLs containing "cart" as the criteria. You can then use this audience to target your advertising.
- To avoid showing advertising to users who added an item to the cart but ultimately purchased, you can either exclude users with the "Purchase" event or create an additional custom audience with a URL pattern matching "thank_you" (the order confirmation page). When building your ad, set the your targeting to "include" the the first audience while excluding the second.
- Please note, however, that there are certain situations where you may need to hire a developer to assist with this type of setup.
Linking your product catalog
In some situations, the Facebook Pixel Helper may display warnings about no product catalog not being properly linked or configured. You can find out more about linking a product catalog here. However, please note that this is considered a third party integration and Out of the Sandbox is unable to support this type of integrated. We suggest contacting Facebook or a third party developer for assistance.