The ability to track sales (conversions) using the Facebook Pixel should work in all versions and modes of Turbo if you follow these steps from Shopify.
- If your marketing efforts require detailed tracking of page visits, we recommend changing your store to "Sport" mode under Sales Channels > Online Store > Themes > Customize (indigo button) > General Settings tab > Performance. However, please note that Facebook Pixel event tracking can be quite difficult to troubleshoot and you may continue to have issues even in Sport mode. However, please note that same configurations of Turbo may cause multiple pixel activations.
- You should always test your Facebook Pixel integration using the Pixel Helper provided by Facebook.
- Facebook Pixel implementation and troubleshooting is not supported by Out of the Sandbox and stores with advanced tracking requirements may need to hire a developer.
Tracking the cart page
If tracking when users add an item to your cart is not working with the mini cart in your store, you may need to change to the "page" cart type and switch your store to "Sport" mode.
- To set this option, go under Sales Channels > Online Store > Themes > Customize (indigo button) > General Settings tab > Cart).
- Then, create a custom audience in your Facebook account using a URL pattern to place users who have visited URLs containing "cart" as the criteria. You can then use this audience to target your advertising.
- To avoid showing advertising to users who added an item to the cart but ultimately purchased, you can either exclude users with the "Purchase" event or create an additional custom audience with a URL pattern matching "thank_you" (the order confirmation page). When building your ad, set the your targeting to "include" the the first audience while excluding the second.
- Please note, however, that there are certain situations where you may need to hire a developer to assist with this type of setup.