The Community Forum is presently a Beta feature we're testing at Out of the Sandbox. We want to create a place where our community of Shopify merchants, experts, and enthusiasts can discuss common topics about Out of the Sandbox themes, help each other out, share ideas, and even submit feature requests for our themes. Thanks for visiting, and stay tuned for more details!
Here are the rules for the Out of the Sandbox Community Forum to ensure that everyone feels welcome and set up for success. If you see these rules being broken, please remind others of them. In case of abuse, please get in touch with Out of the Sandbox directly through our contact form.
- Be nice to each other! We are all here to learn and help each other out. Merchants may have different levels or experience - so please be kind and respect others.
- Try to stay on-topic. If what you’re adding differs from the original post/thread - feel free to open up a new post and talk about it there!
- Comments should be helpful and informative, not negative and hurtful of anyone’s questions or ideas
- Abuse will not be tolerated. This includes: personal attacks, hate speech, negative comments or slurs against race, sexual orientation or gender, or threats to a user’s safety.
- Sharing personal or sensitive information about other users will not be tolerated.
- Spamming of threads or posts will not be tolerated.
- We reserve the right to remove content that violates the Out of the Sandbox Terms and Conditions and Shopify Terms of Service.
- To keep forum discussions on topic and share the best advice, we reserve the right to remove posts.
Posts may be deleted or closed if they break any of the above rules.
Forum posts will be removed if:
- they contain offensive or harmful material
- they contain personal or sensitive information about users
- they violate any copyrights or licenses.
- Posting offensive/harmful material or spam content will result in the removal of the user account
Getting started with the Out of the Sandbox Community Forum
- What is this forum for?
- The Community Forum is an online discussion where registered members can post questions, ideas, and have conversations within posts and threads. We’re hoping that the Forum will be another helpful tool for setting up merchants for success!
- How do I register or sign in?
- Once you’ve reached the Out of the Sandbox Help Center, you can click the ‘Sign In’ link in the top right corner. If you need to register, you can click the ‘Sign up’ link next to ‘New to Out of the Sandbox?’. If you need to sign in, you can simply enter your Email and Password in the fields. What if I forget my login or password?
- If you forget your login and/or password, you can click the ‘Forgot my password’ link below the ‘Sign in’ button. You will then need to enter your email address and we'll send you an email with instructions.
- Do I need to register to use the forum?
- You will need to register in order to take full advantage of the Community Forum. Registering will allow you to post and reply to messages, vote on posts, and receive emails when someone replies to you.
If you do not register, you can only browse, search for information, and read posts. You will not be allowed to respond or vote on posts/threads.
Using the Community Forum
- How do I post a message?
- You can click the ‘New Post’ button which can be found on the Community Forum homepage, within a topic page, or a post page.
- How do I reply to a message?
- In order to reply to a post, you can scroll down to the bottom of the post where you will find the ‘Comments’ section with a text box below where you can type in your response and then click the ‘Submit’ button.
- How can I vote on a post?
- You can ‘vote’ on a post by clicking the ‘up’ or ‘down’ arrows on the right-hand side of the original post. Click the ‘up’ arrow to vote ‘yes’ and the ‘down’ arrow to vote ‘no’. In general, vote ‘yes’ if you think something is helpful or contributes to the conversation. Vote ‘no’ if you don’t think it contributes or is off-topic.
- How do I search for topics within the forum?
- On the Community Forum’s homepage, you can search for a topic in the search field. Within each topic or post, there will also be a search field on the right-hand side.
- Can I submit feature requests in the Community Forum?
- Yes! If you’d like to submit a feature request for our team to consider implementing in our themes, please feel free to visit the ‘Feature Request’ topic.
- What if I need to get in touch with Out of the Sandbox?
- If you need to get in touch with Out of the Sandbox directly, you can reach us through our contact form. Please note that it generally takes us 24-28 hours to respond Monday to Friday, excluding holidays.
- Does Out of the Sandbox moderate the forum?
- Yes! The OOTS Team will be moderating the forum to ensure that your feedback is being received and that the community space is providing the value and opportunity we know it can.
- How do I report abuse?
- If you need to report abuse, please feel free to send an email to us here. We appreciate your help!
Post is closed for comments.