If you've browsed the Flex Demo Shop Styles you may be wondering which one to choose to set up your shop! We've gathered some tips for choosing a demo style to help you reach a decision.
Use demo shop image download feature to add placeholder images
Keep in mind that you don't have to start from a demo. To start with a blank canvas (the basic, default theme), upload the flex.zip instead as outlined in our uploading article.
Use a Flex demo shop as a starting point when:
- You have a website in mind that you want to copy.
- You need to get your shop live as soon as possible.
The main factors to consider when choosing a demo shop:
- Choose the demo that looks most like the layout you'd like your shop to have.
- Remember that you can mix + match everything you see in the demos, e.g. it's easy to keep a layout like Glow but give it a color palette like Techno.
Tips on choosing which demo shop to start with:
- If your industry is already represented by one of the shops, choose that one so that you'll be able to quickly populate your shop with relevant images/text (you can always change colors + layout but you'll find it most helpful to already have shop-appropriate content built right in from the beginning!)
- Glow (makeup/skincare)
- Fresh (soaps + haircare)
- Fine Art/Gallery
- House + Home
- Emerging industry
- Bloom (cannabis/CBD)
- If none of the demos relate to your products/industry specifically, then look at the header area of all the demos (in terms of where the main menu is placed); Do you prefer the vertical, search-focused, classic, or centered ones the most? Will you also want to use a mega menu? Choose the shop that most closely matches the menu style that you like best
- If you like the fonts/color palette from one shop, but prefer the layout of another, choose the one with the layout you like; you can always peek into the other shop to see what the typography and color settings are and copy them.
Do you have a lot of products?
- Search-focused header and/or mega menu
- Lots of products/collections on the demo homepage
Do you have lots of product categories?
Do you have a single product or ones with a lot of features/selling points?
- text columns with icons on the demo home page
- use of the icon bar above the footer
- good options: Techno, Fresh, Nourish, Glow
Do you have a lifestyle brand that's active on social, with high engagement from customers? Look for:
- split image/text layouts (image with text, rich text, image with text overlay sections)
- good options: Flora, Nourish, Glow, Wink, Moda
Do you sell creative products (art, crafts, photography) or want a portfolio to showcase your work? Look for: