Choosing a Demo Shop Style
If you've taken a look through our Flex Demo Shop Styles you may be wondering which one to choose to set up your shop! We've compiled some tips for choosing a demo style to start out with below.
Once you've made your decision, you can either use the demo shop import feature or upload the demo shop zip file. Don't forget about the demo shop image download feature to add all the placeholder images!
It's worth pointing out that you don't have to start from a demo if you don't want! For those of you who prefer to start with more of a blank canvas (just the basics), want to get creative and build your own unique shop style, no need to choose a demo! You can simply upload the flex.zip instead as outlined in our uploading article.
When to use a Flex demo shop as a starting point:
- You have a website in mind that you want to copy.
- You need to get your shop live ASAP!
The main factors that you should consider when choosing a demo shop:
- Choose the demo that looks most like the layout you'd like your shop to have.
- Remember that you can mix + match everything you see in the demos, e.g. it's easy to keep a layout like Glow but give it a color palette like Techno.
Tips on choosing which demo shop to start with:
- If your industry is already represented by one of the shops, choose that one so that you'll be able to quickly populate your shop with relevant images/text (you can always change colors + layout but you'll find it most helpful to already have shop-appropriate content built right in from the beginning!)
- Glow (makeup/skincare)
- Fresh (soaps + haircare)
- Fine Art/Gallery
- House + Home
- Emerging industry
- Bloom (cannabis/CBD)
- If none of the demos relate to your products/industry specifically, then look at the header area of all the demos (in terms of where the main menu is placed); Do you prefer the vertical, search focused, classic, or centered ones the most? Will you also want to use a mega menu? Choose the shop that most closely matches the menu style that you like best
- If you like the fonts/color palette from one shop, but prefer the layout of another, choose the one with the layout you like; you can always peek into the other shop to see what the typography and color settings are and copy them.
Do you have a lot of products? Look for:
- search focused header and/or mega menu
- lots of products/collections on the demo homepage
- good options: Emporium, Swagger, Luxe, Bloom
Do you have lots of product categories? Look for:
- lots of featured promotions + collections on the demo home page
- mega menu
- good options: Trending, Wink, Moda
Do you have a single product or ones with a lot of features/selling points? Look for:
- text columns with icons on the demo home page
- use of the icon bar above the footer
- good options: Techno, Fresh, Nourish, Glow
Do you have a lifestyle brand that's active on social, with high engagement from customers? Look for:
- split image/text layouts (image with text, rich text, image with text overlay sections)
- good options: Nourish, Glow, Wink, Moda
Do you sell creative products (art, crafts, photography) or want a portfolio to showcase your work? Look for: