With every purchase of a Shopify theme by Out of the Sandbox, you will receive 1-year of free updating through our Theme Updater App's Basic Plan as soon as you register your theme.
Once you register your theme, the 1 year of updating your theme with the Theme Updater App will begin, which will then allow you to update your theme to the newest version available.
How to register your theme:
- Install the Shopify Theme Updater App to your storefront.
- Click into the Theme Updater App in the Apps panel
- You'll notice that your theme will have an "Unregistered" label and the Registration date will say N/A:
- Once you click the register button, you will be presented with a window asking for your email address and store web address. The email address must be the same as the email used to purchase the theme and the store URL also needs to be the address that the theme was initially purchased with:
- Once your email has been validated and registered successfully, your theme will have a "Registered" label and the registration date added:
Once you've registered your theme, you will begin the 1 free year of updating through the Theme Updater App, and you will then be able to update your theme when a new version is released!
We have some more helpful tips to solve any theme registration questions and concerns here
What happens when the 1-year of free updating is over?
During your 1-year free trial, you will be able to see your expiry date so you can select a subscription plan before or after your free trial ends.
Once you've chosen a subscription plan, you'll then be able to continue to keep your theme up to date and get access to exclusive features through the Theme Updater App.