Our Theme Updater App includes the ability to register your theme purchase.
View our full instructions on how to register your theme here.
If your theme is showing up as 'unregistered', please review the following points:
- This email does not necessarily mean your theme is unregistered or unlicensed. Instead, it's just our attempt to make sure you're using a registered theme and help you get it registered so you can continue to take advantage of all the benefits.
- Also, please be aware that "unregistered" themes are not necessarily "illegal" or unlicensed. This simply means they have not been registered in our Theme Updater App.
- If you purchased your theme directly from the Shopify theme store or the Out of the Sandbox website, you can install our Shopify Theme Updater App and register your theme.
- Please note that installing the app and registering your theme does not require you to update it at the same time, but does ensure you will be able to continue to receive support and updates from Out of the Sandbox. The app also does not affect your store in any way unless you chose to update your theme, in which case it creates an unpublished copy of the new theme for you to test.
- If you paid a developer or agency to create your site, you may need to check with them for the original purchase information.
- Please be aware that, unfortunately, some developers sell unlicensed copies of our themes. If this is the case, you will not be able to register your theme and you will need to purchase a new license.
- Unfortunately, Out of the Sandbox cannot refund you for the cost of the theme you paid a third party developer who did not properly purchase a unique license for your store. You should contact the original developer to request a refund if you need to purchase a valid license.
- Stores using unlicensed themes may be subject to takedown under Shopify's DMCA policy.
- Please note, too, that per our terms and conditions, unregistered themes may not be eligible for support.