Nope! The current version of your theme will remain unaltered during an updating process. Instead, the app will create a new copy of your theme with today’s date which will get added to your 'More Themes' panel in an unpublished state. You can then publish this when you’re ready.
Articles in this section
- Shopify Theme Updater App FAQs
- Understanding the Red/Green Code changes in the Theme Updater App Pro Plan
- Will the Theme Updater app carry over my custom page templates and snippets?
- Can I preview my updated theme before publishing it live?
- How do I publish my updated theme?
- Why is my theme showing up as unregistered?
- Does the Theme Updater App overwrite my current theme?
- Can I use the Theme Updater for an older/pre-section based theme?
- What happens to my theme during an update?
- How does the Theme Updater App work?