The current version of your theme will remain unaltered during an updating process. The Theme Updater App will automatically add the new version of the theme to your 'More Themes' panel in an unpublished state. The new version of the theme remains ‘unpublished’ until you’re ready to publish to live.
Articles in this section
- Shopify Theme Updater App FAQs
- Can I update my theme without bringing my customizations over?
- Understanding the Red/Green Code changes in the Theme Updater App Pro Plan
- Will the Theme Updater app carry over my custom page templates and snippets?
- Can I preview my updated theme before publishing it live?
- How do I publish my updated theme?
- Why is my theme showing up as unregistered?
- Does the Theme Updater App overwrite my current theme?
- Can I use the Theme Updater for an older/pre-section based theme?
- What happens to my theme during an update?