The details shared here apply to the most recent version of Turbo. To keep your theme up to date, check out this helpful document.
In This Article
General Information About the Currency Converter
Turbo includes the option to enable currency conversion on your storefront. The currency converter will change the price displayed to customers based on their selection and is designed to give your customers an idea of how much it'll cost them in their currency. However, there are a few important things to note:
- Once the checkout process begins, orders will still be processed in your store's currency.
- Due to limitations with the Shopify platform, you cannot process orders in more than one currency in a single store.
- The currency converter does not support the ability to automatically detect a user's location and change the currency based on that - this would require the use of a third-party application
- Rates used by Shopify are refreshed twice a day and pulled from http://www.xe.com
- You can find a list of all of the currencies that are supported here
Currency Converter Settings
Turbo's Currency Converter can be enabled by going into Customize > Theme Settings > Currency. Here, you can check the 'Enable currency conversion' setting:
Within the currency theme settings, you can choose to format the price with the currency, ex: $10.00 USD or without currency, ex: $10.00. You can add 'supported currencies' by listing the currencies you'd like to have display in the currency converter, and list your default currency.
On desktop, when enabled, the currency converter will display within the 'Top Bar' on the right hand side:
On mobile, when enabled, the currency converter will display within the 'Main Menu' (accessible by clicking the hamburger menu) at the bottom of your menu links: