Our Theme Updater App has been updated to include a registration if you are using the Turbo theme!
This theme registration is currently only enabled for the Turbo theme (which can only be purchased via our website here).
In This Article
Registering your Turbo theme will allow you to:
- Upgrade to the latest theme release
- Receive theme support in the Help Center
- Ensure a valid Shopify theme license is installed in your shop
How to Register
- If you do not already, you'll need to install the Theme Updater App to your storefront
- Click into the Theme Updater App in the Apps panel
- You'll notice that your Turbo theme will have an 'Unregistered' label:
- When you attempt to update, the will be presented with a modal asking for your email address. The email address must be the same as the email used to purchase the theme:
- Once your email has been validated and registered successfully, your theme will have a 'Registered' label added:
- Then you can click 'Update' to update your theme!
Important to note:
- If your theme is appearing as unregistered but you have a copy of your invoice or other evidence that you have purchased a valid license, please contact us with the appropriate information and evidence for review.
- If your theme is appearing as unregistered and you do not have a record of your original purchase, you may not have purchased a valid license for your theme. In these cases, you will need to purchase a valid license from our website.
- A single theme purchase is valid for registration in a single shop. For example, if two Turbo themes have been purchased by the same customer, then they will be able to register Turbo in two separate shops. Theme registrations cannot be transferred between shops automatically.
- Your store will not be shut down or closed if your theme is unregistered as long as you continue to pay Shopify's monthly fees. However, you will not be able to update your theme or receive support from Out of the Sandbox.
- Per our terms and conditions, if you close your original store and open a new one, you may use your theme on the new store as long as you are still the owner and the theme is deleted completely from your closed store. To resolve licensing issues in these scenarios, you will need to contact us to manually have your license transferred. Please include a copy of your original invoice and the URLs of both your new and old stores.
- It doesn't matter which style preset you have purchased, it's considered the same theme.
- If the order cannot be found during the registration process, you will be prompted to purchase a license for your shop.
- If you have multiple copies of the same theme in your shop, you only need to register it once. For example, a Turbo theme registration is specific to the customer email and shop URL — not the specific instance of the theme.