The details shared here apply to the most recent versions of Retina. To keep your theme up to date, check out this helpful document.
In This Article
- Announcement Bar
- Rich Text
- Featured Product
- Blog Posts
- Additional Theme Settings
As of February 9th, 2018 our Retina theme has had some theme sections and settings updated to comply with Shopify's Section Parity requirements for themes.
We'll review some of the updates that have been made to Retina's theme sections and settings.
Header - Announcement bar
- This section has been updated from using a rich text section to two text inputs, one for Announcement text and one for Announcement link. The Announcement Link will link the entire bar.
- There is an option to show this Announcement bar on the home page only.
- Additional colour settings have been added right to this section. You can change the text and background colour of the bar right here.
Video (Previously Featured Video)
- When adding in your YouTube or Vimeo URL into the Video Link setting, the theme will automatically bring in the correct video. The former "video source drop-down" has been removed.
- HTML5 videos can still be uploaded - Just make sure the Video Link setting is empty
Rich text (Previously Rich text and image)
- The image in this section is now renamed to "Logo". It now has a max-width applied to it so images will appear smaller than they appeared before.
Featured product (Previously Featured Products)
- Content blocks have been removed from this section. To add more featured products, you will need to add another Featured Product section.
- When upgrading from a previous theme, the old "Featured Products" section will still appear but a new section called “Feature product” will show too.
- You may need to reconfigure this section from "Featured Products" to "Featured Product" once you've updated your theme.
- A new standalone Newsletter section is available to add wherever you'd like on your homepage
- Background and text colour settings for the Newsletter are within its section.
- This section has lots of exciting updates!
- You can now include more information for your customers such as a heading, store hours, and a link that will open Google Maps in a new window with the address so people can easily get directions
- We've added in an optional setting with the Google Map API! In order to use this API, you will need to register for an API Key. You will then be able to update your map colour scheme and hide/show the pin.
- If you do not wish to register for an API key, the original map setting with the iframe will work as default!
Default Map without Google Maps API:
With Google Maps API:
- There are now two areas to add a Blog section to the homepage: Blog Posts and Blog and Twitter Feed
Additional Changes to Theme Settings
- Any setting that was about making the section full-width was changed to “Wide display”. This was changed for every section including page/product/collection templates.
- On Page.Contact, the map has also been updated to match the map options on the home page