The calendar section is a feature of our new Professional theme. This article applies to only our Professional theme.
Please note: in order to use this feature, you will need to have a Google Account that has a Public calendar.
Using the Calendar Section
The calendar feature in the Professional theme is created with a Google account. These instructions will outline how to find your calendar ID and API Key that you need in order to use this feature! A calendar ID is a unique identifier of a calendar you own in the Google Calendar application. An API key will allow this section to read your calendar events.
You will need to make sure first you are adding a calendar that is set to public. If you are unsure, please follow these instructions first to set a Google calendar public before adding it to Google Calendars.
In This Article
How to find your Calendar ID
- To add the Calendar section to your Professional theme, head into Customize Theme > Sections > Add Section > Calendar. You'll notice there is a input for calendar id. This is where you will be placing your Google Calendar ID:
- Open your Google Calendar page using your Google account.
- Navigate to your subscribed/available Google calendars list (usually bottom left side), Click the Settings and Sharing link:
- A new page will open. Find the Calendar ID under the Integrate Calendar section:
- Copy your calendar ID, head back over to your site and paste it in the corresponding calendar id field under Sections > Calendar:
Finding Your API Key
- In your Calendar section in your theme editor, you'll notice there is a Calendar API Key input. This is where you will be placing your API Key:
- Navigate to the Google Developers Console.
- From the top menu, head into Select A Project. A new window will pop-up where you can click the +/Create Project button:
- Give your project a name, then click Create:
- From the Google Developers Console Dashboard select Enable APIS And Services:
- In the API Library, under Gsuite, select Google Calendar API:
- Click Enable:
- Click the blue Create Credentials located on the right side of the screen:
- Once on the Credentials page, under Add credentials to your project, click the API Key link:
- This will take you to the API Key page. To generate your API Key, click Create:
- On the API key created popup, select and copy (Cmd-C or Ctrl-C) your newly created API key:
- Now head back into your Shopify Store, go to Customize Theme, then your Calendar section, under the Calendar API Key input, paste your API Key. Note: making sure you have pasted the exact key without extra spaces. Then click Save: