What is Content Creator?
The Outofthesandbox Content Creator is a Google Chrome extension allows customers to easily add columns, buttons, dividers, slideshows, accordions and tabs to your theme with the click of a button. For customers using Google Chrome, feel free to download the free extension here.
The Outofthesandbox Content Creator will automatically copy the HTML markup associated with the selected 'content' to your clipboard so that it is easily available to be pasted into the HTML editor of a custom internal page.
In This Article
How to Use:
- On Shopify, go to Admin > Online Store > Pages (note: 'Features' from the extension can also be added to product/collection descriptions and blog posts),
- Open or create a page,
- Trigger the HTML editor of the content field using the <> icon in the top right corner of the content field,
- With the Google Chrome extension installed, click the Content Creator icon in the top right corner of your browser:
- Select the type of content you want to add. The HTML code will automatically be copied to your clipboard, and
- Paste the code into the HTML editor of the content field:
- Adjust the contents of the code for your own purposes.
The layout of your theme uses a 'grid' framework to divide the layout into responsive 'columns'. You can use this framework to create your own custom page layouts, as detailed in this helpful article/video.
To save you from having to type the HTML markup associated with columns each time, you can automatically copy the markup for 1,2,3 or 4 columns, or 1 narrow centred column (offset), using the Content Creator extension.
Looking to create a custom page where a row of 3 placeholder images is followed by a row of 2 paragraphs (all separated into evenly spaced columns).
- First, use Content Creator to make a copy of the 3 column markup, and paste it into the HTML editor of the page.
- Then, use Content Creator again to paste the markup for 2 columns:
- Then, replace the default contents of the columns with the HTML of your content (placeholder images in this case):
This is how the page will appear:
In the same way, these features can be added to the HTML of custom pages, product/collection descriptions, and blog posts:
|Feature||You edit...||Looks like...|
Content Creator v2.0 - October 5th, 2017
- Support for buttons.
- Support for dividers.
- Support for offset columns.
- User Interface improvements.
- Updated placeholders.
- Integrated support tab.
Content Creator v1.0 - July 1st, 2017
- Extension release.