If you'd like to add a link that, when clicked, starts an email message pre-addressed with your email address, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Shopify store's admin.
- Click Sales Channels > Online Store > Navigation.
- Locate the menu that should contain the email link and click the "edit" button. If you need to create a new menu or need help with managing menus in general, please click here.
- Add a new link to the menu by clicking "Add menu item."
- Under the "Name" field, enter the text you'd like to become the link, such as "Email Us"
- Select "Web address" as the type of link. In the field that appears, enter: mailto:email@example.com
- Be sure to replace "firstname.lastname@example.org" with your actual email address. Also note that there is no "http://" or "https://" or "www" before this and no space between the colon and your email address.
- Save you work.
It's important to note that many users who include email links on pages often seen an increase in the amount of spam. This is due to automated "robots" that can scan websites and harvest email addresses to add to spam lists.
One way to cut down on spam is to use a contact form instead of a link. However, keep in mind that no method is perfect and you will likely always receive a certain amount of spam not matter how you let customers email you.