Shopify is an incredibly powerful ecommerce platform and has tons of features that even pro users aren't aware of.
If you're having trouble figuring out if Shopify has the ability to do something or can be configured with a certain feature, here are some tips to find out:
- Check the official Shopify documentation and manual. The Shopify manual has detailed information about all the official features of Shopify, as well as some "unofficial" ways to update your store to do what you need. We recommend browsing by category first and, if that doesn't yield results, try the search tool.
- Use your favorite search engine to search the word "Shopify" followed by a description of what you're looking to do. Since Shopify is so popular, there are hundreds of blogs, forums and other resources available that often contain details about "hidden features." The best results to use will often start with "docs.shopify.com" or "ecommerce.shopify.com." More technical information tends to be included on results with "stackexchange.com."
- Search the Shopify App Store. Changes are if a feature isn't included in the core Shopify platform, there's probably an app that can add the functionality.
- If you're looking to add functionality to one of our themes, as opposed to the core Shopify features, check this article for detailed tips.
- Check with Shopify support.