Note: For the home page breakdown of Mobilia 5.0 please see here
This is the homepage breakdown of Mobilia 4.3.
Here, we are going to break down the homepage and show you how to enable the various features of the Mobilia 4.3 Home Page. To customize your theme, go to Sales Channels > Online Store > Themes > Customize, the areas where you make the changes can vary, but don't worry, we'll go over them all.
If you have Mobilia 4.3, your theme settings will look like this:
If you’re updating from an older version of Mobilia, or from another Out of the Sandbox theme, there is more information about the organization options of the homepage here: https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007100148-Pre-Section-themes-Home-page-section-organizer
1 + 2. The Header. These settings will be under the ‘Header’ tab in your theme settings. You can choose your logo here by selecting the ‘Use a custom logo’ option and uploading your image. This will also be where you choose your menu(s), spacing options for the header, and enable or disable the search that appears at the top of the header.
The currency dropdown has settings in its own tab of the theme settings labelled ‘Currency.’ From those options, the currency switcher can be enabled/disabled, currencies can be added and removed, and the display settings can be chosen. Note: This only changes the currency for display purposes as Shopify only supports a single currency for the checkout process. If the currency dropdown is enabled, a message will appear on the cart page stating the currency the customer will be charged in.
3. One of the most commonly used features is up next, the slideshow. The slideshow is located in the ‘Home page - slideshow’ tab. This is where you can control the images you would like to upload, enable, or disable. There are spaces for 6 images and 1 video. The recommended image size can also be found here (1280px in width and under 600px in height).
4. In this particular demo shop (Tokyo Teas) we have the featured links. The options for the featured links are located in the ‘Home page - featured links’ tab. For these links, a menu is created (‘Online Store’ > ‘Navigation’) and the relevant images will be taken from the links you provide.
5. Up next we have a collection of featured products. Located in the ‘Home page - collection in grid,’ the collection of products you’d like to feature can be chosen here. There are currently two different sections that can be used, either together or in separate sections of the homepage.
6. This is the more detailed product display; in Tokyo Teas we have a collection containing a single product, however, more products could be featured this way. The ‘Home page - collection in detail’ tab will let you select the collection to feature here and choose the option to display the product description and if you would like to stagger/alternate the products to the left and right.
7. Here we have a featured content page. There are 3 separate content pages that can be selected to display on your homepage in the ‘Home page - featured content’ tab. In this example, a multi-column layout is being used. We have code examples for that available here: https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007099608-Creating-Multiple-Columns-with-HTML
8. Time to get social! This section is home to the blog feed, with options in the ‘Home page - featured blog’ tab. The featured blog and number of blog posts to display can be selected here.
9. The twitter feed settings are located in the ‘Home page - twitter’ tab and just requires your twitter username. There’s also an option to choose the number of tweets displayed and to choose between a dark or light theme (with ‘light’ displaying best on a light background and ‘dark’ displaying best if you’re using a dark background).
10. Wrapping up the social section we have a full-width Instagram feed. These settings will be found in the ‘Home page - Instagram’ tab. In order to display your Instagram feed, an access token will need to be generated here: https://outofthesandbox.com/pages/instagram-access-token This token will automatically be associated with your username and gives the widget permission to display your images on your shop’s homepage.
11. Last, but not least, we have the footer. Along with the Header, this section will display across all pages of your store. The footer settings will be in the ‘Footer’ tab, with a newsletter signup, two menus, a content page, copyright text, as well as options to show the designer credits (“Designed by Out of the Sandbox”), and the ability to show/hide payment method icons.