This article is not supported for section based themes.
HOW TO SET UP YOUR FEATURED LINKS
Turbo’s featured links section has a super clean grid/block style that showcases links from a menu in a very visual way. The theme will use the image associated with what it is linked to and place it beside a white space or block that includes the name of the link on the button. In the case of collections, the image used will be the first image of that collection unless an image has been set for that collection. It will automatically include any text description of the collection there as well.
1. You will need to go into the 'Home page' section (found in Online Store > Themes > Customize > Home Page) to set where you'd like your featured links to show up on the home page.
NOTE: This is the section where you set up the ORDER of most of your home page sections.
2. You will then need to go into your 'Navigation' section (via Online Store > Navigation) and create a menu with links to all the items that you'd like to show in your featured links.
i) Once you are on the Navigation page, click on the 'Add Menu' button. This will take you to another page to create a menu.
ii) In 'Menu Description', add a name that will make it easy for you to remember what this menu is being used for. You can have any name as this will not be displayed. The handle will be your menu name in lower case letters with dashes in lieu of spaces, which will typically be automatically generated once you create a name.
iii) In 'Menu Items', click the 'Add Menu Item' button to add items to your menu. Here, you will give each item a name (this will be displayed), which can be linked to a collection, product, page, or blog post. You may do them in any combination. Don't forget to click 'Save Menu'!
Keep in mind that the image associated with this link will be displayed as follows:
- For a linked PAGE, this will be the first image within the page.
- For a linked BLOG, this will be the first image in the latest blog article.
- For a linked PRODUCT, this will be the featured image.
- For a linked COLLECTION, this will be the first image of that collection unless an image has been set for that collection.
3. Then you will go into your 'Featured Links' section (via Online Store > Themes > Customize > Home Page - Featured Links), to choose the menu you created to display as your featured links. Here, you can also choose how many links to display per row as well as the text alignment for the button, title, and description.
Featured Links Section in Theme Customizer:
Sample 1: Homepage displaying 1 link per row with a menu containing 2 items with center text alignment:
Sample 2: Homepage displaying 2 links per row with a menu containing 4 items with a left text alignment: