As part of Instagram's updates to improve security, certain versions of Out of the Sandbox theme's Instagram feeds stopped working on or around June 1, 2016.
Important: Before making this update, we strongly advise you to back up app.js.liquid using these steps.
To resolve this issue, you can either upgrade to the latest version of the theme or follow these steps:
- Log in to your store admin.
- Click "Sales Channels"
- Then select "Online Store"
- Then select "Themes"
- Click the "Actions" icon and then select "Edit HTML/CSS"
- Locate the "Assets" folder
- Click app.js.liquid to open it.
- On or about Line 726, you should see a block of code that looks like this:
/*! Name: Instagram Lite Dependencies: jQuery Author: Michael Lynch Author URL: http://michaelynch.com Date Created: January 14, 2014 Licensed under the MIT license */
- Then, on or about Line 1026, look for this code:
- You will need to select all of the code from the first block to the line line shown above. Be sure to include the block and line in this.
- Delete the code by pressing "delete" or "backspace" on your keyboard.
- Then, select the code below and paste it into the file (be sure you select all of the code in the box below):
- Save your work by clicking the "Save" button.
- Refresh your homepage and see if the Instagram feed appears or not.
- If not, you may need to regenerate your Instagram token here (note that you'll need to know your Instagram username and password).
- Once you've generated a new code, paste it into the Instagram token field under Sales Channels > Online Store > Customize theme > Homepage.