If you want to connect MailChimp to your store, you will either need to download the MailChimp app (for Section themes) or input your MailChimp Form Action URL (for non-Section themes and Turbo).
- From your Shopify Admin, click Apps > Visit Shopify App Store.
- Search for the MailChimp for Shopify app and click Get. This will download the app to your store.
When a new customer enters their e-mail into your newsletter, they will automatically be added to your Customer List. This list can be found in your Shopify Admin under Customers > Accepts Marketing. The MailChimp app will sync with this Customer List.
For further information about how Shopify and MailChimp work together, please visit either of the following links or watch the instructional video:
Mailchimp Knowledge Base forum with install information here.
Shopify's official support article here.
Non-Section themes and Turbo
- From your Shopify Admin, click Online Store > Themes > Customize Theme to open the Theme Editor.
- From the Theme Editor, open the settings for Newsletter. These settings can be found on the main page of the Editor for Non-Section themes, or under the General Settings tab for Turbo 2.0+:
- Input your MailChimp Form Action URL.
Finding your MailChimp Form Action URL
- Login to your MailChimp account.
- You will need to have a List in order to obtain your Form Action URL. You can create a new list by clicking the Create a List button from your MailChimp dashboard. Once you have created a list your screen will display all the lists you've created:
- Click the List you wish to connect to your Shopify account.
- From the chosen List, click Signup Forms > Embedded forms.
- Scroll down until you see the heading "Copy/paste onto your site".
- You can find your URL in this codes section, highlighted here:
Your code will appear slightly different.