Note: For Mobilia version 5.0 and newer, the 'featured links' section has been replaced by the 'Image with text' section. Please see here for an instructional article on using 'Image with text'.
The featured links section in Mobilia version 4.4 and newer has a super clean grid-like style that showcases links from a menu in a very visual way. The theme will use the image associated with what it is linked to and place it beside a 'block' that includes the name of the link on the button. In the case of collections, the image used will be the first image of that collection unless an image has been set for that collection. It will automatically include any text description of the collection there as well.
STEP 1: Go into the 'Home page' section (found in Online Store > Themes > Customize > Home Page) to set where you'd like your featured links to show up on the home page.
NOTE: This is the section where you set up the ORDER of most of your home page sections.
STEP 2: Go into your 'Navigation' section (via Online Store > Navigation) and create a menu with links to all the items that you'd like to show in your featured links.
i) Once you are on the Navigation page, click on the 'Add Menu' button. This will take you to another page to create a menu.
ii) In 'Menu Description', add a name that will make it easy for you to remember what this menu is being used for (e.g. you might call it "Featured Links"). You can have any name as this will not be displayed. The handle will be your menu name in lower case letters with dashes in lieu of spaces, which will typically be automatically generated once you create a name.
iii) In 'Menu Items', click the 'Add Menu Item' button to add items to your menu. Here, you will give each item a name (this will be displayed), which can be linked to a collection, product, page, or blog post. You may do them in any combination. Don't forget to click 'Save Menu'!
Keep in mind that the image associated with this link will be displayed as follows:
- For a linked PAGE, this will be the first image within the page.
- For a linked BLOG, this will be the first image in the latest blog article.
- For a linked PRODUCT, this will be the featured image.
- For a linked COLLECTION, this will be the first image of that collection unless an image has been set for that collection.
3. Then you will go into your 'Featured Links' section (via Online Store > Themes > Customize > Home Page - Featured Links), to choose the menu you created to display as your featured links. Here, you can also choose how many links to display per row as well as the text alignment for the button, title, and description.
Featured Links Section in Theme Customizer:
Sample 1: Homepage displaying 1 featured link per row with a menu containing 2 items:
Sample 2: Homepage displaying 2 featured links per row with a menu containing 4 items: